Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Salah, Version II

Anyway - Salah version 2 or not. the guy is phenomenal. Just phenomenal. People have been writing him off since he banged in 40+ goals in 2017/18. Back then he was a one season wonder.

Klopp has really worked some miracles across his career - Salah’s form fits into that category. No numbers close for anyone else. Working with an entirely new group… Along with this seasons miracle on a new midfield - the continued and unerring quality Salah is showing must be causing many to scratch their heads.

If he isn’t scoring, or at his best - he is creating mayhem, assisting others and often doing both.

We have managed to focus our game well when he has been absent in the past - but that has been for so few games. Let’s hope we can cope as well this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Shilling for F$G on a Salah thread. Writing in fake English with an imagined highland accent. Takes plenty of work that… ��

My oh my… What a clown.

The manager working miracles on a sell to buy basis… but we are top of the league because of the suits.

We should all have guessed
    Yes obviously all down to FSG we've had some very poor players starting for us and youngsters that should be in league 1/2 during FSG's Reign....

I'm sure other clubs around us have the same problem unless they have a lot of injuries... (more than we did)

Not......

Surely I mean, if we didn't have youngsters as squad options and good players etc over the years.... we'd have won more... and i'm sorry but other teams "youngsters" seem to be a lot better..

Thank fuck for FSG without them we'd have been relegated and win nothing.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

How about it being somewhere in between? Surely it doesn't have to be FSG or Klopp?

Maybe the club have been targeting the right kind of players and Klopp does what he does?

Steveo's 'miracle' midfield revamp came at a cost of £150m. To me, that is exceptional business and Klopp will make it phenomenal business.

Having the best manager in the world certainly helps, but he needs to the raw materials to create anything.

It's a far cry from what we had under both Rafa and Houllier who are/were both ecxellent managers in their own right, we appeared to have a 'throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks' approach to transfers.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Shilling for F$G on a Salah thread. Writing in fake English with an imagined highland accent. Takes plenty of work that… ��

My oh my… What a clown.

The manager working miracles on a sell to buy basis… but we are top of the league because of the suits.

We should all have guessed
    Na Victor. We're tap o' th' league due tae all' th' things ah listed.

Some o' us juist refuse tae git drawn in tae yer mire o' doom 'n' gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    How about it being somewhere in between? Surely it doesn't have to be FSG or Klopp?

Maybe the club have been targeting the right kind of players and Klopp does what he does?
    This is th' correct answer. We obviously hae excellent collaboration between Klopp 'n' th' owners. Th' club is run weel fae tap tae bottom .

Back oan topic, ah hawp we keep Salah fur annur few years. He's in great shape 'n' still performing at th' tap o' his gam.

Theres rumours circulating again, that Salah is considering an extension to his contract.. would absolute love that to happen
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Penalty duty while he is away?

Núñez has 12-from-12 in his career, Szoboszlai has 14-from-15.

Decent records those - smaller sample sizes of course, but still.

Don’t care what his record is but seriously would any of us really feel confident with Darwin taking a last minute penalty to win a game?

Must be Szoboszlai surely. Unless someone we don’t know persistently wins the penalty comps in training

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Think Salah has scored 6 of his last 10 penalties for us. Heard it on commentary so may need a check.

Not really a great return of late. He had a better record before, Milner too had a great record.

At this stage it could be a case of whose fit, is Sobozla out with a hammy? Didn't think it looked serious at the time myself.

God help Darwin if he misses a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I'd think Trent might be an option.