Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v West Ham

And what do we think is driving this? Couldn't be anything to do with F$G's relentless drive for revenues? Could it? Merchandising the club to bits is one thing, but to squeeze as much money out of every seat as possible at the cost of local fans.....? Surely this is cannibalising the very core of what sets this club apart. The increase in capacity is very welcome (all for it Anfield was way too small for years - still is imo) BUT when it actually stifles the ambience...then it becomes counter productive.

When the prawn sandwich brigade, fat from a 3 course dinner - half slumbering on half a bottle of red can't muster more than a grunt of approval for YNWA.. Then the manager is well within his rights to highlight the issue.

Klopp has been the biggest buffer between the owners and any genuine examination. The success he brings to a football club has many benefits, in the case of Henry and co.. it has been enormous.

However - yet again and inadvertently - he has opened a can of worms. The suits in Boston will be seething at this one.

From SOS:

“We have no argument with Jurgen Klopp highlighting issues around the Anfield atmosphere, or lack of it, at times. It’s something our fans discuss regularly, it is central to the club’s, and Anfield’s, identity, and something the most passionate among us are keen to protect.

“It is no accident, that opposing teams, coaches and fans speak about the ‘Anfield effect’. We all know how intimidating the crowd can make it for visiting sides, how the atmosphere can be second to none – ask Barcelona, or Dortmund or City, or Arsenal last season.

“We do have concerns though about the lack of opportunities for young supporters to go to the game, catch the bug and preserve this decades-long culture of The Kop. And deep-rooted worries that our culture is being watered down by greater corporate offerings and out-of-reach ticket prices – echoed by supporters across the Premier League.

“We are in constant dialogue with the club to explore ways we can improve the situation, get more youngsters to experience Anfield and create the best atmosphere possible. Every game.”

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/1...ield-concerns/

The opinions of those sporting fake 'highland accents - in English' feel free to indulge us..

A'd ask ye tae compare that wi' how ither clubs that are trying tae be successful are operatin` 'n' figure oot whit's wrong wi' th' F$G model.

Fans also hae tae tak' a lot o' th' blame ironically. Tis thair insatiable appetite fur ever mair money tae be spent that's driving increases in prices across th' boord. Tis a ne'er ending cycle.

Oh I see - so the ticket price hikes are the fans fault.

The sponsorship deals, massive increase in TV monetisation & merchandising to death of sports franchises have nothing at all to do with player price hikes do they.? Oh no. The Americanisation of the game has been good hasn't it.

I get it now. It's the fans fault.

Let's just leave the businessmen to it. Let them buy cheap - create a revenue generating monster - invest nothing and sell for as much as they can get. I wonder who gets shafted in that process.. hmm?

Meanwhile - the hospitality sections at Anfield are doing a roaring trade.. At the minute...that is

Who wants to pay 100£ to watch Nunez? the donkey?

Oooooooo harsh baby

Only people with too much money and posting it for instagram likes...... not actual fans or bothered about liverpool FC
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh I see - so the ticket price hikes are the fans fault.

The sponsorship deals, massive increase in TV monetisation & merchandising to death of sports franchises have nothing at all to do with player price hikes do they.? Oh no. The Americanisation of the game has been good hasn't it.

I get it now. It's the fans fault.

Let's just leave the businessmen to it. Let them buy cheap - create a revenue generating monster - invest nothing and sell for as much as they can get. I wonder who gets shafted in that process.. hmm?

Meanwhile - the hospitality sections at Anfield are doing a roaring trade.. At the minute...that is
    Mair than yin thing kin be true. Fans ur pairt o' th' problem at clubs lik' LFC. Thir's a cost fur success 'n' tis huge.

So again, whit model wid ye prefer F$G tae uise?

The Model T..

Richt. Thare isnae a guid alternative if yi'll want success.

If ainlie thare wis a thread whaur we cuid discuss Nunez.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Who wants to pay 100£ to watch Nunez? the donkey?

Oooooooo harsh baby

Only people with too much money and posting it for instagram likes...... not actual fans or bothered about liverpool FC
    You are joking I know Kev - frustration aside... I'm sue you know - Nunez is no donkey. He was excellent at so much v WH. Ran and Ran - closed down, created space for himself and others... YES he got caught offside too often.. that's for sure.. but he more than earned his place. Almost scored a super goal but for a great save onto the post which Mo probably should have tucked away.

Went on his own to the fans to applaud at the end too.. He brings plenty to the team. Would we want more goals..right now certainly.. Does he frustrate - certainly - but if he performs as he did on Wednesday.. don't think he is a problem at all. IF he isn't going to become clinical - and that looks likely - he can work on his link up play.. if he improves that - we have a very dangerous player on our hands.

What annoyed me more than other fans around me not singing at the Everton game was Trent seeing me with my "Trent can I have your shirt " cardboard placard and not coming over. 🤣🤣