Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Arsenal

Gravenberch looks - MILES off the level. Miles.

He needs to put some serious work in on the training ground. At that level you can see why Bayern got rid.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    The press was excellent for most of the game, certainly the best it's looked for a number of weeks/months.
    Jones seems to be a player who knows when to develop a press. Diaz though was not so good but thought he worked massively from the front. The press died when those 2 went off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

He needs to put some serious work in on the training ground. At that level you can see why Bayern got rid.
    A bit like big Dom, he's dropped off considerably.

Who'd have thought at the end of September that Jones and Endo are our best midfielders!

Szoboslai also worries me. He works very hard and is like 2 players in midfield but I don't see a eye of the needle type of pass from him. He is also so careless with the ball. I hope it is fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Thought Endo was our motm.

I like the way he always looks forward with his passing and is pretty good at it.

And I didn’t want him to start … shows what I know.

Mind you, I pretty much knew it was wrong to start Diaz ahead of Nunez
    Endo is the only other shout, but I’d still go Konate who constantly played 1v1 against Martinelli superbly

Endo is simply miles better than Fab, he reads the game for a start and took one for the team like Fab never did and his passings better

Diaz is a problem in my view now, full backs bully him and force him back and to pick it up deeper, he’s started slowing play down overplaying all the time and very rarely threatening he was much better first season when he simply tried to emulate Mane which is what we’re crying out for at LFWD, Nunez should have started

Need another CB as Mario’s out for the season, Andre and a LFWD or preferably a player who can play LFWD and RFWD in the Mane mould in January

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    and we may have lost the game due to no legs in midfield
    Yeah, it''s a worry. Hope we don't make heavy work of a promoted side away again at Burnley on Boxing Day. Will go top if we win that one, with s bit of pressure on Arsenal playing West Ham the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    A bit like big Dom, he's dropped off considerably.

Who'd have thought at the end of September that Jones and Endo are our best midfielders!
    If Klopp plays Endo as a 6 I think MacAllister will ve our best midfielder more consistent player. Think he is slightly more ahead in terms of Premier League maturity than Szoboszlai. Gravenberch looks academy inconsistent. Jones and Elliott are creeping ahead of him.

How was that not a penalty….. how did Trent miss that chance….. and more worrying how are we going to score when Salah goes on his hols…. without Salah we look toothless up front especially with no Jota available

Draw is an ok result, however the problem result was last week, 3 points against Utd and 1 against Arsenal becomes perfect 2 home games, now it looks like an opportunity missed…

Agree fully. He's had a few fleeting glimpses but you can see exactly why he wasn't getting a sniff.
    He won't be starting anytime soon for us.

It’s his first poor game, he needs to be better in the press our forwards need to wait and time and make their runs much better too, THAT needs work in coaching they all keep going too early or too late we need to work work and work at those situations to build the understanding that isn’t there

He also came on in a raft of frankly ridiculous changes by Jurgen that made our entire press go to shit including moving Mo to No9 and him keep giving Arsenal the fkn ball back no idea why he took Gakpo off