Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes. - can’t edit without deleting posts on my phone
    Its ok, was an horrible push at that pace.. Arsenal are an horrible shit of a club and players
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

In terms of where will the goals cone from. Klopp needs to play Gakpo or Nunez in a stretch of 5 or mire games sane position. Number 9. It has to be 1 of them. Though Diaz is out of form I don't want Nunez wide if all the attackers are there he has pace but not guile and trick to play wide. He is a 9, same goes for Gakpo. I would even play Jones wide as he did a few seasons ago. Bit Ninez or Hakpo as 9 and the other on the bench for a stretch of games in the league

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Arsenal are a good year ahead of us and we really should have won that today, with a number of key players missing.

All in all, decent performance and not the worst result. I think we would all have taken 2nd place and one point off the top at Christmas before the season started
    Mad to think how it's flipped for them. That little weasel was close to being sacked not long ago.
    I still think they're overrated though. They are better than us in areas but not light years ahead.
    We'll catch them.

We look a top 4 side...think the title is beyond us this year,hope I'm wrong.....Happy Christmas all....

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - I should have known it would be Jurgen to blame for Gravenberch looking like Skippy.

Manager made changes that should have worked. The fact is Gravenberch was a mess you can’t afford when protecting Gomez at LB.

Tsimikas Broken Collar bone folks …. FFS.. Squad stretched to the max and not even Christmas.
    It was the first time he’s been poor, Elliott did fuck all after coming on, Mo kept giving them the ball at No9 fucking over our midfield He wasn’t the best after coming on, but neither were any of the other subs because he made them in a way we lost all momentum it was poor management

I called Tsimi having done his collar bone too, because I’m on the ball

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Mad to think how it's flipped for them. That little weasel was close to being sacked not long ago.
    I still think they're overrated though. They are better than us in areas but not light years ahead.
    We'll catch them.
    they look lightweight. i think they'll struggle in the second half of the season
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Arsenal are a good year ahead of us and we really should have won that today, with a number of key players missing.

All in all, decent performance and not the worst result. I think we would all have taken 2nd place and one point off the top at Christmas before the season started
    Very true. Just a shame we didn’t score a winner. That Trent strike against the bar. Bit of a sickener

I think we would all have taken 2nd place and one point off the top at Christmas before the season started
    Yes indeed.

The League Cup is something we can win - just got to negotiate a 2-legged semi-final and you have a Final to feature in, to possibly win a record 10th and put a bit of distance between us and Man City's 8 wins.

The Europa League we are in the last-16 so 6 matches to play (three 2-legged ties) and we could reach a Final.

The League we have 20 games left - mentally break it up into 4 sets of 5 matches and see how close we are after each "set" - so, so, so much football left to play and we certainly won't be winning all three tournaments but we are well placed in all three which is definitely a nice position to be in.

Not too bothered about the FA Cup this year given the above.

One match at a time, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree on the Endo consensus. He looks our most solid midfielder.
    We are still short in this department though. We need some X factor in there as a permanent fixture. Trent has it when he's around there but he's not a midfielder and gets caught out.
    Szobo is concerning, were his early performances just a flash in the pan? I hope not but he's been poor for a couple of months easily.
    Mo going away worries me massively because who the fuck steps up? Maybe Jota when he's fit. Outside of that it's hard to see where the goals come from.
    Endo’s been good when it’s a game and teams get after us, but he’s poor when teams sit off and defend overall Mac has comfortably been our best No6 so far this season

What I will say is that we have gone up a gear in the last two games in terms of energy. It's looked liked we've been playing with handbrake on for the last 4 months.

We're not a million miles off.