Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Probably thanks to Arteta's rant a few weeks earlier. Which they didn't discipline him for. Little doubt who they want to win the PL.
    Yep. The powers that be want a London winner and Arsenal fits the bill perfectly. I’d rather see city win the 4 in a row than see arsenal win the title.

Totally agree. City are frauds and everyone knows it. Do t want the Arse getting it at all, and really don’t want Arteta matching Klopp for Premier League titles. That would be a right kick in the balloons

hate the whole thing surrounding Arsenal. the play acting feigning injury, Arteta and his expressive ego antics.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

40 seconds in, f-ing ridiculous

A little pick-me-up for those who might be down after today's disappointing result.

Always remember that the Mancs will always be there to cheer us up.
    And in this case, it's Flying Pig with a late entrant for what has to be rant of the year following their bolloxing at the Hammers.
    You've got to feel for the poor Manc twats.
    Coming off their glorious victory winning 0-0 at the home of their great rivals at Anfield last week, this was a(n expected) 'come-down-back-to-earth' moment and sort of result for them.....

No broken plates this time (Mrs. Piggy is grateful for that).....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wfFRjQC124&ab_channel=FlyingPigUnited

As for today's match, maybe Klopp can stop beating up on the home supporters now.
    We needlessly conceded an early goal (yet again), and fluffed chance after chance when we were on top and should have put the game away - and through it all the Anfield crown were in full voice and singing throughout trying to drag the team over the finish line by will alone.
    They did their part.

Maybe we can stop dropping these silly points on the field by not being decisive enough in front of goal and not spotting opposing teams early leads and giving ourselves holes to climb out of so early in the game. These are the kinds of points that come back to haunt you at the end of the season when you miss out by a couple of points difference.

That being said, if you had told me at the beginning of the season that we'd be one point off the top of the table at Christmas and 5 points ahead of City (although with them having a game in hand), I'd have bitten your hand off.

They (City) will make up that ground and make their customary mid-January to Late February run in the league and the question will be whether we can keep up.

So today's result - along with last week's draw against the Mancs- when we could have seen ourselves heading into the break possible 9 points ahead of them or even 11 (if we win our boxing day game), really really hurts.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 23rd December 2023 at 10:41 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

During the game i was fuming and still am. our officials are fking cheating scum.. the amount of times we have been robbed this season alone is pathetic.

If Trent hadve buried that chance we'd be top of the league tonight. Thems the fine lines we're dealing with.

how do we fuck up a 5 v2 in attack?

Only us.......

Difference between us winning, the attacking play alot left to be desired when it comes to finishing or taking chances.....

To be honest front 3 aint been that great for a while, not what we expect

Cody Gakpo, Luis Diaz and Darwin Nunez really poor i'm afraid

Need a new attacker in january if we want to get anywhere close to title..... concerning.

how on earth will we cope without salah
    Last edited by Kev0909; 24th December 2023 at 09:15 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I like Gakpo and think we look better when he plays in the middle.

We really miss Mané. Diaz started the season brightly but has looked well off it for a while. Nunez does a lot of things right but his composure is terrible for someone with such a high price tag. Really need Jota back for when Salah leaves for Afcon.

What has gakpo done since he's been here?

barely anything so far.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.