Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Your team v Burnley

A draw against the League leaders often isn't a bad result, but Reds everywhere will feel disappointed at the inability to get 3 points from a game within which we should probably have been awarded a penalty, should have seen Trent convert a glaring chance and where we were on fire for a spell of the second half before some changes - some of which will undoubtedly have been made to protect an ever-diminishing squad.

As ever, rotation is ideal, though becoming harder to do due to injury issues - Tsimikas and Robertson are now simultaneously out which leaves us limited in our left-back options, whilst Diaz is a "wait-and-see" in attack to join Jota in the unavailable department - though Diogo is due back soon.

In midfield a few lads are out too, whilst others can't quite get a grip on their form/consistency.

Burnley are terrible, but we are tired and a few will be running on fumes.

As ever, I don't expect Klopp to field my personal pick, but that's not the point of these threads.

.......................Alisson

Trent......Quansah...Van Dijk...Gomez

.........................Endo

.............Elliott.......Gravenberch

.....Salah.........Núñez.....Gakpo

I feel Gravenberch might need game time to come back into form - he certainly wouldn't be in the side on merit after his Arsenal cameo - and I feel Szoboszlai would benefit from missing 45-65 minutes if possible.

Gakpo has left-wing experience at his previous club and Núñez is a physical presence - the front three can be swapped about as the game goes on if required, not to mention Szoboszlai has right-wing experience at his previous club if we wanted to put him in for an attacker rather than a mid.

If it was a side better than Burnley I would be picking Jones from the start, but I feel there are halves of matches where you can "get away with" a slightly weaker line-up due to the quality of your opposition, then bring on the cavalry. The side needs to get a reprieve somewhere and after that performance I hope we could take that risk here - though I can totally see why others would disagree with that methodology.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Nice one Sid, glad you did this.

We really do need a win, Burnley will be up for it after winning away at in form Fulham but we just need the three points.

Think Konate will start, he was very good today and really needs to start putting a run of games together.
    Szoboszlai does look like he needs a rest, I may save that rest for when others are back.

Couldn't believe they went away to Fulham and won so this won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Nice one Sid, glad you did this.

We really do need a win, Burnley will be up for it after winning away at in form Fulham but we just need the three points.

Think Konate will start, he was very good today and really needs to start putting a run of games together.
    Szoboszlai does look like he needs a rest, I may save that rest for when others are back.
    Happy to oblige.

A win is imperative - we have this match on Tuesday and then somewhat mercifully get a rest until the Monday match against Newcastle, which is at Anfield. By that time we might be looking at someone like Jota making a reappearance.

On merit I would have Konate start, but also believe in little breaks and keeping individuals fresh. Football rarely goes according to plan but my hope for this match would be that Quansah would be good enough that we could reach half-time at 0-0 (or with a lead) and then, if needs-be, Konate could play the second half - or the last half hour. Similar with Szoboszlai - my not picking him to start doesn't mean he wouldn't feature - but not starting him means he won't get 90+ minutes and it would be great to manage a chunk of the match without him, then use him to give someone else a bit of a break.

Yep I agree that Quansah is a very good option, just think it’s time Konate started putting the hours in and getting some rhythm to his game.

Its ok we have Paul Tierney as referee, what could possibly go wrong? you know maybe cheating us again. like they did in the Arsenal game?.. Im still fuming.. WHY?? because its happening too much. and will continue to happen. because they simply get away with making up the rules for themselves. They are just dishonest. I hate them with a passion (and i'm usually pacific person)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

anyway going back to the starting 11. It won't happen. because Klopp keeps players in their positions and hardly ever switches. But I think Elliot should start on the right and put Salah up the middle

_________________Alisson____________
    Trent________Konate______Virgil____Gomez
    ______Endo_____Szoboszla_____Jones
    Elliot__________Salah_______Nunez
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Same back 5 that ended the game
    Jones Endo Grav
    Salah Nunez Diaz

Please God don't waste Salah down the middle, don't waste Nunez down the left. Diaz starts cause he is the only option for that side in my view. Playing Nunez there wastes him so I rather go for balance and people playing in their position.

Same team as against Arsenal but Gomez and Nunez in for Tsimikas and Diaz

Alisson
    Gomez Konate VVD
    Trent Sobozla Endo Jones Diaz
    Salah Núñez

Gone for a back 3, Diaz & Trent wing backs with Salah & Núñez up top.