Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Biggest game of the season coming up in 2 hours. thats how we have to treat it. because Burnley will be at us from the first minute. so no need to slack off. The ref will be iffy he always is.. just need to take our chances.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Biggest game of the season coming up in 2 hours. thats how we have to treat it. because Burnley will be at us from the first minute. so no need to slack off. The ref will be iffy he always is.. just need to take our chances.
    Yea maybe...... we have FIVE players against TWO on the break again and actually score....

Nah refs fault
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Same back 5 that ended the game
    Jones Endo Grav
    Salah Nunez Diaz

Please God don't waste Salah down the middle, don't waste Nunez down the left. Diaz starts cause he is the only option for that side in my view. Playing Nunez there wastes him so I rather go for balance and people playing in their position.
    Waste Salah down the middle, how have you come to that conclusion…. !!!

Salah was up against two of the best in Gabriel and Saliba….in a game void of any clear cut chances, but from his position in the middle he did play Trent in for an easy finish, the best chance of the game, it’s not Salah’s fault that Trent missed it….

Salah in the middle against Burnleys centre back pairing is not comparing apples with apples…. just saying lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A draw against the League leaders often isn't a bad result, but Reds everywhere will feel disappointed at the inability to get 3 points from a game within which we should probably have been awarded a penalty, should have seen Trent convert a glaring chance and where we were on fire for a spell of the second half before some changes - some of which will undoubtedly have been made to protect an ever-diminishing squad.

As ever, rotation is ideal, though becoming harder to do due to injury issues - Tsimikas and Robertson are now simultaneously out which leaves us limited in our left-back options, whilst Diaz is a "wait-and-see" in attack to join Jota in the unavailable department - though Diogo is due back soon.

In midfield a few lads are out too, whilst others can't quite get a grip on their form/consistency.

Burnley are terrible, but we are tired and a few will be running on fumes.

As ever, I don't expect Klopp to field my personal pick, but that's not the point of these threads.

.......................Alisson

Trent......Quansah...Van Dijk...Gomez

.........................Endo

.............Elliott.......Gravenberch

.....Salah.........Núñez.....Gakpo

I feel Gravenberch might need game time to come back into form - he certainly wouldn't be in the side on merit after his Arsenal cameo - and I feel Szoboszlai would benefit from missing 45-65 minutes if possible.

Gakpo has left-wing experience at his previous club and Núñez is a physical presence - the front three can be swapped about as the game goes on if required, not to mention Szoboszlai has right-wing experience at his previous club if we wanted to put him in for an attacker rather than a mid.

If it was a side better than Burnley I would be picking Jones from the start, but I feel there are halves of matches where you can "get away with" a slightly weaker line-up due to the quality of your opposition, then bring on the cavalry. The side needs to get a reprieve somewhere and after that performance I hope we could take that risk here - though I can totally see why others would disagree with that methodology.
    Spot on with the team sid.. I'm not a fan of midfield away to Burnley. At home, maybe but away, I think we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Spot on with the team sid.. I'm not a fan of midfield away to Burnley. At home, maybe but away, I think we are in trouble.
    Yeah I can understand that.

I just think it's about rotating and getting a side out that should have "enough" to not be 1-0 or 2-0 down at half-time and hopefully strength from the bench should we need to make changes - and with how congested the schedule was and Kompany's expansive football (which should suit us) this feels the game where we can get away with it.

European Super League anyone? Get to watch all your teams matches on one provuider for less and no fucking about? It takes the absolutely piss how Sky BT and others Israeled the ESL proposals, claiming they wanted to do it so they could make loads of money broadcasting it when they they their fucking merry go round of 3 or 4 different providers showing all the games, Israeled it is playing the victim, accusing people of doing what you've been doing when you're the biggest cunt out there btw
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Alisson

Trent Quansah Van Dijk Gomez

Elliott Endo Granvenberch

Salah Gakpo Nunez

Plays the front three that should have started v Arsenal and didn't get a minute together v them against Burnley, but now without one of the mids who were part of the dynamic

Need 3 points here today, 2 disappointing draws on the spin prior to this one, need to get back to winning ways
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”