Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR…wtf

VAR…wtf

I have just twigged why apparently pulling someone’s shirt is a penalty offence, and rightly so, yet pushing someone with both hands in the same part of the box is not…. and in fact is not even regarded as a contributing factor to a perfectly good goal not being allowed due to the pushed player now being deemed offside and interfering with play…

The answer is, Klopp clearly needs to employ a “ Simulation Coach “, because if we had one on Saturday against Burnley Salah would have dropped to the ground dramatically holding his neck in the process whilst rolling around simulating a serious whiplash injury… with the attendant medical staff holding his neck in a brace, to support the simulation just in case the Ref hadn’t seen it the first time !!

This is a very tongue in cheek comment but I suspect City clearly have one, Spurs have one, Newcastle clearly have one and Arsenal have one too.. saying that I am sure other teams can cite examples where Liverpool players have gone down too easily !!!

However tbf on the whole, the teams I have mentioned above have bloody well turned simulation into a bloody artform, and the fact that experienced Refs and their superiors have not cottoned on the one hand is scandalous that and at best bloody laughable and could be argued is more of a problem in the game than most contentious Var decisions… which seem to just further confirm that Refs have lost all touch with the spirit of the game and any ounce of common sense…

Rodri’s simulation in the Utd game to win a penalty after the minimum level of contact, is just one example of that, their reaction to what was clearly not a hand ball clearly influenced the Ref, compare that to our linited reaction to Odegards scooping away of the ball in the box further supports the argument, if you don't demand the decision in an aggressive manner you don’t get…. the fact that the same Var official who gave the Onana penalty and didn’t give the Odegard penalty is just another nail in the coffin of the existing operators of VAR.

I read somewhere that this season us and Wolves have suffered the most contentious VAR decisions, ours it could be argued have cost us 9 points… 9 points…thats bloody insane and needs to be looked at. I am sure all teams can cite contentious VAR decisions that have cost them, but when you look back over recent seasons some of these decisions have cost Liverpool titles and Cup finals, is it any wonder Klopp reacts the way he does, you would have to be a saint not to react….

Finally, I see Arteta has complained about VAR in their game against West Ham… that’s called Karma, having the benefit of a VAR mistake in-the match against Liverpool match, subsequently having a laugh with the match officials and saying in his post match interview that he hasn’t seen the Odegard incident is a clear lie and speaks volumes about the mans integrity, when all he had to say was “ VAR made a big mistake in our favour today “ but we’ll take it and move on..

The fucking hypocrite didn’t…enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    I have just twigged why apparently pulling someone’s shirt is a penalty offence, and rightly so, yet pushing someone with both hands in the same part of the box is not…. and in fact is not even regarded as a contributing factor to a perfectly good goal not being allowed due to the pushed player now being deemed offside and interfering with play…

The answer is, Klopp clearly needs to employ a “ Simulation Coach “, because if we had one on Saturday against Burnley Salah would have dropped to the ground dramatically holding his neck in the process whilst rolling around simulating a serious whiplash injury… with the attendant medical staff holding his neck in a brace, to support the simulation just in case the Ref hadn’t seen it the first time !!

This is a very tongue in cheek comment but I suspect City clearly have one, Spurs have one, Newcastle clearly have one and Arsenal have one too.. saying that I am sure other teams can cite examples where Liverpool players have gone down too easily !!!

However tbf on the whole, the teams I have mentioned above have bloody well turned simulation into a bloody artform, and the fact that experienced Refs and their superiors have not cottoned on the one hand is scandalous that and at best bloody laughable and could be argued is more of a problem in the game than most contentious Var decisions… which seem to just further confirm that Refs have lost all touch with the spirit of the game and any ounce of common sense…

Rodri’s simulation in the Utd game to win a penalty after the minimum level of contact, is just one example of that, their reaction to what was clearly not a hand ball clearly influenced the Ref, compare that to our linited reaction to Odegards scooping away of the ball in the box further supports the argument, if you don't demand the decision in an aggressive manner you don’t get…. the fact that the same Var official who gave the Onana penalty and didn’t give the Odegard penalty is just another nail in the coffin of the existing operators of VAR.

I read somewhere that this season us and Wolves have suffered the most contentious VAR decisions, ours it could be argued have cost us 9 points… 9 points…thats bloody insane and needs to be looked at. I am sure all teams can cite contentious VAR decisions that have cost them, but when you look back over recent seasons some of these decisions have cost Liverpool titles and Cup finals, is it any wonder Klopp reacts the way he does, you would have to be a saint not to react….

Finally, I see Arteta has complained about VAR in their game against West Ham… that’s called Karma, having the benefit of a VAR mistake in-the match against Liverpool match, subsequently having a laugh with the match officials and saying in his post match interview that he hasn’t seen the Odegard incident is a clear lie and speaks volumes about the mans integrity, when all he had to say was “ VAR made a big mistake in our favour today “ but we’ll take it and move on..

The fucking hypocrite didn’t…enough said.
    I hear you. Simulation/diving/cheating was always in football. The issue that football have dug for themselves or rather here in England is this clear and obvious thing. So the refs are just pals who won't call each other out. Refs conversation should be heard. There was a penalty incident in France and the VAR said to the ref there is contact but not enough to warrant a penalty go and look. They talked it through I liked that.

Football is subjective in terms of some parts of the game, if a ball hits a hand in the box the team who could get a penalty it is almost 100% stonewall no matter what, whereas rival supporters will argue the mitigating part of it.

The issue I feel that will correct the quality of the officiating is to bring in the best refs from across the world. Have then a panel where refs are measured each match, falling below a certain threshold you get performance managed thereafter at the end of the season if you have not improved you then get cut as a PL Manager. Not PGMOL (former refs/English refs as the panel). Some ex players, some ex refs or just have a proffesion of ref panel where independent people are trained as to what to look for and to measure (A refs consistency in making a decision (compared to a similar previous situation etc) If one game a ref says that contact was too close and next gives a penalty (flag that) And ref would then have to mitigate and if mitigation is not accepted deduct huge pts from his season score something like that.

So a ref would have to maintain a certain score to remain a PL ref and this is based on these reviews. Maybe Managers could also have a input maybe the wieghting could ust be very small.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post

So a ref would have to maintain a certain score to remain a PL ref and this is based on these reviews. Maybe Managers could also have a input maybe the wieghting could ust be very small.
    I was under the impression that managers rate a referee who has officiated their last match.
    Dont know where I got that impression from. Is there any truth in it?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I was under the impression that managers rate a referee who has officiated their last match.
    They write a report in after a game on what they thought of the officiating in that particular game. Guess minus scores out of 10 is common for most refs.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I don't mince my words, others northerners tend to say what we feel.. If i was a ref..I wouldn't bother filling in a score sheet. I'd just write in large red letters regarding Paul Tierney TWAT
    Last edited by justme; 29th December 2023 at 05:25 PM.

I think we could all handle (steady on ) a twat - but this guy seems to be a Manc with a clear anti Liverpool agenda.

He is by no means alone but he shouldn’t be anywhere near our games.

True on the last bit, our disallowed goal the first one..Supposedly a foul committed by Nunez. It was after the ball went into the net. Tierney saw something he had no idea what and disallowed the goal.
    yet this is the guy that didn't see the challenge on Diaz that nearly snapped his ankle and he was like 10 feet away..

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I think it's true. If a manager gives a negative rating then that ref will be pencilled in for a key game in future.

I think i may be the most outspoken on the officials on the site in the last few years,well up there anyway.. I just find it ultra disappointing for the players most of all. They put themselves through very tough regimes physical wise. and most players have injuries from time to time. Some serious like Tsimikas. Only to be cheated by certain people.

yet we see the likes of Man-city break all kinds of rules to win.. we've seen Clattenburg openly admitting the refs favoured Man-united in the past.(in other forms of life that would be considered fraudulent)
    No one would begrudge errors if they ain't intentional. Just this season we have been treat like shit. and i fear it won't end either. I'd love us to get something in our favoured thats a wrong mistake, But refs don't somehow make them in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I think it's true. If a manager gives a negative rating then that ref will be pencilled in for a key game in future.
    Who gets to see any ratings submitted?
    A (very) poorly rated referee should be suspended or thrown out of the league.
    Assume its all controlled by Howard Webb however.
    Surprised a bit that the FSA, Football Supporters Association, hasn't piped up at all over this corruption.