Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: VAR…wtf

Wonder if Michael Oliver will be making a trip to the middle east to pick up a pay cheque before our game on Sunday.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I have serious reservations about the Refereeing and VAR of our next match against City, I am convinced that we are going to witness all the dark arts at play by City, feigning injury, exaggerating contact, screaming for decisions, blocking of runners, pulling of shirts by Haaland and then falling over like he has been shot… and the usual surrounding of the referee with absolutely no consequence…

Be under no illusions Pep will happily adopt all of the above to negate the obvious power of Anfield… this game is goinggto be hard enough, but if as always the ref falls for all this nonsense we are going to be talking more about the Ref and VAR than we are about the actual football….

Fingers crossed I am wrong, but given our respective Refereeing and VAR issues this season…tbh I am very concerned, I mentioned all of the above and especially Ramos in the taxi on the way to Anfield when we lost to Real Madrid in the UCL and we all know how that panned out…

As good as Rodri is, I have a sneaky suspicion he is going to be the City’s version of Ramos on Sunday…. destroyer and creator all rolled into one..

I am confident we can beat them, our attack can really hurt their defence, but really do we need to bring our A game in every department, individual errors and below par performances by any player has to be avoided at all costs if are goinggto get the result we all so desperately crave for…

Que sera, sera.
    We all know how much cheating goes on, just hoping that it doesn't become a fiasco.

we will get shafted tomorrow regarding the officiating.. Man-city will fall over and get given free kicks all the time..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Havertz clearly dived yesterday to try and win a penalty while he was on a yellow card. Can VAR not get involved in these situations were the ref and linesmen didn't see ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Havertz clearly dived yesterday to try and win a penalty while he was on a yellow card. Can VAR not get involved in these situations were the ref and linesmen didn't see ?
    I agree,they should be allowed to intervene. Far too much of it going on and rarely carded for it. I'd also like to see VAR adjudicate on wrongly awarded corners/goal kicks, no need to call the ref to the monitor to look at it, just tell him in his earpiece to overturn original decision.

I see Pep is all over the back pages, bemoaning refereeing decisions that have gone against the jizzers in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I see Pep is all over the back pages, bemoaning refereeing decisions that have gone against the jizzers in the past.
    He's worried,they could go 4pts behind with 10 games to play and a worse GD meaning we could afford at least 1 slip up (maybe 2 if they were both draws) and they can do fuck all to stop it. Our Europa League run-in will be easier than theirs in CL and we both have FA cup games so possibly an equal amount of games and fatigue to consider.

Has he asked for a strong ref yet lol, strong enough to send Rodri off if he deserves it let's hope. Cmon you Reds.....

Manchester media setting it up for some key decisions in their favour.

We know the drill.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    I have serious reservations about the Refereeing and VAR of our next match against City, I am convinced that we are going to witness all the dark arts at play by City, feigning injury, exaggerating contact, screaming for decisions, blocking of runners, pulling of shirts by Haaland and then falling over like he has been shot… and the usual surrounding of the referee with absolutely no consequence…

Be under no illusions Pep will happily adopt all of the above to negate the obvious power of Anfield… this game is goinggto be hard enough, but if as always the ref falls for all this nonsense we are going to be talking more about the Ref and VAR than we are about the actual football….

Fingers crossed I am wrong, but given our respective Refereeing and VAR issues this season…tbh I am very concerned, I mentioned all of the above and especially Ramos in the taxi on the way to Anfield when we lost to Real Madrid in the UCL and we all know how that panned out…

As good as Rodri is, I have a sneaky suspicion he is going to be the City’s version of Ramos on Sunday…. destroyer and creator all rolled into one..

I am confident we can beat them, our attack can really hurt their defence, but really do we need to bring our A game in every department, individual errors and below par performances by any player has to be avoided at all costs if are goinggto get the result we all so desperately crave for…
    Surprise surprise, refereeing and Var rob us of another 2 points…

WTF is going on…

Listen, I am not a conspiracy theorist, but all our games against our biggest rivals have virtually all been affected by VAR decisions going against us… Chelsea non-handball penalty, Spurs goal but no goal, Arsenal non- handball penalty, and now City non-dangerous tackle penalty… thats a minimum swing of 8 points and possibly 10 given the impact of the non-Curtis Jones and non-Diego Jota red cards… had on our actual result with our game at Spurs.

Consider that, if all of the above appalling decisions were given correctly we would be sitting here a minimum of 8 points clear of Arsenal and 10 points clear of Man City, with 10 games to play….just think long and hard about that for a moment… 😳😳

Do you think we will have any comments and apologies incoming from Howard Webb and the PGMOL any time soon… maybe Michael Owen could ask him for his comments next time he sees him……

FFS…. I am sorry this is just wrong on every level… and Sky needs to highlight the fact.