Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR…wtf

Yit anither thread greetin' aboot referees.

Ok conspiracy theorists, fill yer boots, this is three games now where PGMOL have told us after the event that the officials got it wrong. Twice, against Spurs and Arsenal it affected the result, giving one of our rivals an additional point and another gaining two points, whereas we lost one point and two points respectively.

And these are just the games where they admitted they screwed us.
    No mention of the two good goals cancelled out at Burnley, which thankfully didn’t affect the result.

“Referees' chief Howard Webb says Liverpool should have been awarded a penalty in their 1-1 draw with Arsenal for a Martin Odegaard handball.

Mohamed Salah's flick-on hit Odegaard's hand in the penalty area in the first half at Anfield on 23 December.

Referee Chris Kavanagh did not award the hosts a penalty and the video assistant referee (VAR) reviewed the incident and confirmed the decision.

"The game expects a penalty in this situation. I would agree," said Webb.

When the incident happened, Kavanagh said: "No, his hand's on the floor. His hand's on the floor."

The incident is then checked and VAR David Coote says the ball "clearly hits his arm", then after looking at another angle says: "So he is falling down, he's moving his arms in towards him, so it's check complete for me." The assistant VAR Lee Betts then agrees.

Speaking on Match Officials Mic'd Up, a Premier League Productions programme which analyses VAR decisions from previous gameweeks, Webb says: "The referee on the field recognised that Odegaard had slipped and saw his arm go towards the ground.

"This is not just Odegaard accidentally falling on to the ball. He does slip, his arm does go out, but he actually pulls his arm back in towards his body, which is when the ball makes contact with the arm.

"The VAR looked at that aspect. He felt it was a case of Odegaard trying to make himself actually smaller by bringing the arm back towards the body. That is the element that's important here.

"Whether it's instinctive or deliberate, he gets a huge advantage by bringing the arm back towards the ball. All the feedback we got afterwards was very clear.

"This is one that didn't reach the right outcome on that basis."

NO SHIT BALDY.

How many of Man City’s games have been affected this season where they had to apologise to City or where it cost them points??

In fact, has it ever happened???

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Ok conspiracy theorists, fill yer boots, this is three games now where PGMOL have told us after the event that the officials got it wrong. Twice, against Spurs and Arsenal it affected the result, giving one of our rivals an additional point and another gaining two points, whereas we lost one point and two points respectively.

And these are just the games where they admitted they screwed us.
    No mention of the two good goals cancelled out at Burnley, which thankfully didn’t affect the result.

“Referees' chief Howard Webb says Liverpool should have been awarded a penalty in their 1-1 draw with Arsenal for a Martin Odegaard handball.

Mohamed Salah's flick-on hit Odegaard's hand in the penalty area in the first half at Anfield on 23 December.

Referee Chris Kavanagh did not award the hosts a penalty and the video assistant referee (VAR) reviewed the incident and confirmed the decision.

"The game expects a penalty in this situation. I would agree," said Webb.

When the incident happened, Kavanagh said: "No, his hand's on the floor. His hand's on the floor."

The incident is then checked and VAR David Coote says the ball "clearly hits his arm", then after looking at another angle says: "So he is falling down, he's moving his arms in towards him, so it's check complete for me." The assistant VAR Lee Betts then agrees.

Speaking on Match Officials Mic'd Up, a Premier League Productions programme which analyses VAR decisions from previous gameweeks, Webb says: "The referee on the field recognised that Odegaard had slipped and saw his arm go towards the ground.

"This is not just Odegaard accidentally falling on to the ball. He does slip, his arm does go out, but he actually pulls his arm back in towards his body, which is when the ball makes contact with the arm.

"The VAR looked at that aspect. He felt it was a case of Odegaard trying to make himself actually smaller by bringing the arm back towards the body. That is the element that's important here.

"Whether it's instinctive or deliberate, he gets a huge advantage by bringing the arm back towards the ball. All the feedback we got afterwards was very clear.

"This is one that didn't reach the right outcome on that basis."

NO SHIT BALDY.

How many of Man City’s games have been affected this season where they had to apologise to City or where it cost them points??

In fact, has it ever happened???
    I bet you at some point they WILL get a game or two where the referee decision or mistake on the field affects the outcome......

....in their favour.

Hopefully the twat remembers that tripe of an admission at the end of the season when we lose the title to City by a point yet again.

What's that now? Two officially confirmed referee/VAR cock-ups that have cost us anywhere between 3-5 points?

And that's not even counting the rescinded red cards.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Its simple to understand for me... They looked for an excuse to deny the penalty and stood by it. even though they were completely wrong with the analyses.Odegaard put his left arm out to stop the ball from going to the side of him. he WENT for the ball with his hand. its obvious too see. but when you have an agenda . You'll look for excuses..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Come on conspiracy clowns, you can do better than this. Use what little imagination you have to conjure up something else.

Imagine conspiring against LFC so we don’t get a penalty, then telling the whole world about it a few weeks later. It would be the worst planned conspiracy ever.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Come on conspiracy clowns, you can do better than this. Use what little imagination you have to conjure up something else.

Imagine conspiring against LFC so we don’t get a penalty, then telling the whole world about it a few weeks later. It would be the worst planned conspiracy ever.
    Where did they tell the world about it?

I repeat; do NOT oxygenate the breathing anus....

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Where did they tell the world about it?
    Wherever that article was published.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I repeat; do NOT oxygenate the breathing anus....
    Not how I would have described you. You’re giving yourself way too much credit Justine.

Choo-choo....