Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Nunez doesnt seem to be.. he always hits the keeper with shots..The funny thing is the arrogance of Trent,. holds the ball thinking he was taking it, Then passes it over to Salah..yeahhhh man your the man.. you will do this,. instead of just taking it himself.
    Then misses the rebound when I think he should do a lot better

God help us when Trent becomes captain. I just think hes up himself at times.. he thinks he can play the super duper ball all the time and when it causes us issues when its gets caught out its like well OK.. he may do something in the second half. But it wont take away from the facts. he needs to be more self aware..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Then misses the rebound when I think he should do a lot better
    He needs to do better. considering he missed the chance that would have beaten Arsenal.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Mo has always been poor at taking penalties and it boggles my mind why he became the default penalty taker.
    He's missed several for us already and his record is not very good.
    Even for his national team when his poor penalty taking famously cost them the AFCON against Mane's Senegal and also cost them a spot at the World Cup.

It's a pity that our two surefire penalty takers (by training ground reputation) both left last season - that being Milly and Fabby.
    Even when Milner and Fab was here Mo would have taken it. Milner in the season we won the title took one and there was some ill from Salah who felt he should have taken it from there on Salah took everything. CL final penalty cemented him as the taker. We have seen some of the squad and there are more than 5 or 6 better takers from the spot.

You would think when yet again we dominate in shots taken and chances created but score fuck all that Klopp would mix it up at the top. Jota should start and Nunez come on late to run at tired defenders. We are toothless

Second half imminent

Let’s be a fuck site better & put at least a couple away

I honestly think we need to reset this attempted free flowing fluid positioning stuff and build this group of players understanding up first in a 433 with LFWD & RFWD making runs in behind

Here we go come thr FUCK on Liverpool get the fucking win this half

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    God help us when Trent becomes captain. I just think hes up himself at times.. he thinks he can play the super duper ball all the time and when it causes us issues when its gets caught out its like well OK.. he may do something in the second half. But it wont take away from the facts. he needs to be more self aware..
    He shouldn't even be vice captain. He isn't a leader yet. Too Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Gini would go anonymous for games in a row, but Szobo just offers nothing but turnovers and one worldie every dozen games
    At least Gini used to graft a lot off the ball, which you can't say for Szobo.

He just seems to hide away from any responsibility instead of opening himself for a pass to drive the ball forward and if the ball happens to find him he has to find the fastest way to get it back to the opposition.

He's become unbearably annoying now, because you know Klopp's never going to drop him to the bench and the best we can hope for is that he gets a few touches as possible so we can keep possession.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Even when Milner and Fab was here Mo would have taken it. Milner in the season we won the title took one and there was some ill from Salah who felt he should have taken it from there on Salah took everything. CL final penalty cemented him as the taker. We have seen some of the squad and there are more than 5 or 6 better takers from the spot.
    We should’ve kept Milner just for pens lol. Ice runs in his veins

The saving grace is we have time.

Jota and Elliott could come on and change the dynamic a bit, Klopp could stick Núñez out left for a bit - we have options.

45 minutes is a long time. Sort it out lads.