Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Trippier and Tonali were the only 2 of their starting XI
    Aw fair enough. I thought they were missing a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Diaz up until he went off was the best player on the park followed by Jones. Salah barnstorming second half. Gomez was immense. Endo was good.

Trent let the team down. Poor game too much heroism.
    Good summary, really worried about Nunez and Szobo form this far into the season

Thought we were excellent for large parts of the game. We've definitely stepped up a gear in the last few weeks. Pressing, energy and pace of play has gone up a level.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Aw fair enough. I thought they were missing a few more.
    And Pope.

Finishing aside that's probably one of our better performances. Plenty of chances,bossed them from the off.
    Nunez needs to be in the bench for me now. Not good enough to start games unless he starts putting chances away and I don't think that will happen. Salah,Jota,Diaz or Gakpo to start. Cody almost fluffed his chance but he still got on the score sheet, Jota is just quality as standard.
    Yes…

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Great result but really made hard work of it. Endo will be missed.
    Absolutely. He's a good solid player. Hope we don't miss him and Mo too much.
    Sounds ungrateful but I'd take a hit on the FA cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    We've had our best run of the season with Endo starting as our 6, and in this game alone he (Endo) had more tackles and won back possession than anyone else in a red shirt and some clowns still deludedly think that Macca is our best No6 so far this season.
    Behave and realise get it into your rigid minuscule brain that when you’re as dominant as we’ve been in so many games you need more savvy players who are better with the ball at No6 and we drew 2 of our least 3 prior to this with Endo’s disappointing passing wise v the filthy in particular and have been poor several times with him when we have needed No6 to have more ability with the ball

Our pressing and counter pressing still isn’t where it should be & MAC does what Endo does but differently through cuter reading of it and better positioning

You keep making stuff up like our best run when we draw 2 out of 3?😂

Finishing aside that's probably one of our better performances. Plenty of chances,bossed them from the off.
    Nunez needs to be in the bench for me now. Not good enough to start games unless he starts putting chances away and I don't think that will happen. Salah,Jota,Diaz or Gakpo to start. Cody almost fluffed his chance but he still got on the score sheet, Jota is just quality as standard.
    From a balance point of view still feel he is the right option. He is not thr long term solution but I prefer him rather than Gakpo as the 9. Jota csn play there but with Salah going it is certain Jota will play wide right. Gakpo plays more like a old school second striker (10) of yesteryear. Like coming to the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Good summary, really worried about Nunez and Szobo form this far into the season
    Seen enough of Szobo to know that there's a player there and that he's just in a slump.

We're all going to have to accept Nunez for the player he is. He's never going to be a finisher. He'll have his good days and he'll have his bad days.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    2 things stood out Sz8 was holding his hamstring and it didn't feel like we lost a main man type of feeling. That is indicative as most are realizing maybe we got excited too quick. He is still raw and rough around the edges.

With Nunez. As the game went the Nunez chanting started to be muted. Almost like a "give up" or realization that he us not going to be that guy. He also wore it on his face that he felt the terrace is losing belief in him.