Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Newcastle

That was as close to the Liverpool of a few seasons as we have seen in the last year. So glad to see the Diaz that arrived turn up tonight , I knew he would be back . I wouldn’t start Nunez from now on I think jota and even gakpo get involved as much as him but are far more clinical , I’m actually getting a bit frustrated with him , it’s the same story he genuinely can’t finish .
    Thought jones was class today , even Gomez did well , would love one or two additions in the right places

FT: Liverpool 4-2 Newcastle

Liverpool recorded the highest expected goals total on record (since 2010-11) in a single Premier League game - 7.27

The nunez effect? hahaa

Any good highlights anywhere? gutted i missed the game, sounded great.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st January 2024 at 11:47 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    That was as close to the Liverpool of a few seasons as we have seen in the last year. So glad to see the Diaz that arrived turn up tonight , I knew he would be back . I wouldn’t start Nunez from now on I think jota and even gakpo get involved as much as him but are far more clinical , I’m actually getting a bit frustrated with him , it’s the same story he genuinely can’t finish .
    Thought jones was class today , even Gomez did well , would love one or two additions in the right places
    He's done really well filling in the fullback position (at both wings).

It's a bit bizarre but he's a far better fullback than he his a Centerback (his natural position).
    I guess when it's not your natural position it forces you to concentrate more and there's less room and opportunity for the brainfarts we normally associate him with.

You can see why both Klopp and the club hold on to him.
    Players who play multiple positions like him and like Milly before him are worth their weight in gold in a system like Klopp's.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Talking of which I see we're linked to Devyne Rentsch of Ajax who can play left back, centre back and holding midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Talking of which I see we're linked to Devyne Rentsch of Ajax who can play left back, centre back and holding midfield.
    It would definitely make sense that the club would be interested in a player with that range.

I would be concerned about the fact that he's playing in the Eredivise and worse yet, with Ajax - who are now a pale imitation of the of the great Ajax of old days.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Watched the slotter one from a few different angles now. He is trying to balance himself to roll the ball home once the keeper has made slight contact but is on tip toes. That makes it possible he can't stay balanced when his other foot hits the ground.
    I think that anyway.....

https://bnhhohaha.hoolights.com/embed/Oyk2JV4qiyMW7

25 mins of highlights for anyone who missed it, not best of quality but longest i can find, others 3 mins

long wait until next prem game! 21st January!!

I guess we survived the christmas period pretty good with the size of the squad.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd January 2024 at 12:00 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Watched the slotter one from a few different angles now. He is trying to balance himself to roll the ball home once the keeper has made slight contact but is on tip toes. That makes it possible he can't stay balanced when his other foot hits the ground.
    I think that anyway.....
    It doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned.
    Yes it was as soft a penalty call as you're ever going to see.
    And yes we'd be livid if it was called against us.
    And yes Jota could have and probably should have stayed on his feet and finished that chance off himself.

But in a game that had a lot of odious officiating calls going against us - and especially at a time when Newcastle themselves should have been playing with 10 men had that first Joelinton card been given as it should have been - Newcastle fans should be the last people whinging about bad calls or a wrong penalty call.

The bad officiating calls balanced themselves out, just like it did when we played them at their barn and we beat them with 10 men after an incorrectly awarded red-card (that was later rescinded by the league for being incorrectly awarded).

If they weren't so busy falling over easily all the time, anytime a Liverpool player even just breathed on them, just to get calls from a soft-headed weak incompetent referee in Anthony, perhaps they might have gotten more out of this game.

They got what they deserved.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    He's been unbelievably terrible today.

I don't know why he's ever in the starting line up anymore.

He's going to score a 30 or 40 foot worldie and then everyone will forget how crap he was all the rest of the time.

In that respect he's kind of like the new Gini......only without the grafting.
    Agree he wasn’t good , but can’t see how you can accuse him of lack of work.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    And Pope.
    Don’t think he could have been better than Devbraska who was excellent.