Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Arsenal (FA Cup, 3rd Round)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not really looking forward to this.. what a shit away game for 3rd round
    If you are a superstitious sort, Arsenal will be playing in an all-white kit and apparently they have a poor record in it in the past - though I don't pay huge heed to these things.

Big upsides to this fixture for me. If we prevail then we can't meet Arsenal in the quarters or later (if we get that far) and if we are knocked out then we are less stretched for our title race (if we are in one with 12 or so games left) and our Europa League campaign.

The draws fixed anyway, Im not a conspiracy nut. but the chances of us drawing Arsenal consider where both teams are in the league and the amount of teams in the draw.. just seems organised to me.
    similar to how we drew Everton 2/3 times in the 3rd round in a 5 year period.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The draws fixed anyway, Im not a conspiracy nut.
    You're a conspiracy clown. Don't forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The draws fixed anyway, Im not a conspiracy nut. but the chances of us drawing Arsenal consider where both teams are in the league and the amount of teams in the draw.. just seems organised to me.
    similar to how we drew Everton 2/3 times in the 3rd round in a 5 year period.
    They 100% organise a “glamour tie” for each round. Wouldn’t make sense not to really.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    They 100% organise a “glamour tie” for each round. Wouldn’t make sense not to really.
    Isn't "Giant Killer" a much more attractive story for the FA Cup early rounds? Why wouldn't they rig it that way instead?

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Isn't "Giant Killer" a much more attractive story for the FA Cup early rounds? Why wouldn't they rig it that way instead?
    See Man City

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    See Man City
    Yes. Clearly rigged to have Man City be the fall guys and sustain the narative of "The glory of the cup". Here's a few other obvious rigged matches:

Maidstone v Stevenage
    Aldershot v West Brom
    Chesterfield v Watford
    Eastleigh v Newport County

Keep digging conspiracy clowns. I'm sure you can find many more examples of this out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If you are a superstitious sort, Arsenal will be playing in an all-white kit and apparently they have a poor record in it in the past - though I don't pay huge heed to these things.

Big upsides to this fixture for me. If we prevail then we can't meet Arsenal in the quarters or later (if we get that far) and if we are knocked out then we are less stretched for our title race (if we are in one with 12 or so games left) and our Europa League campaign.
    Arsenal playing in white and Liverpool playing in purple. Supposedly something about not wearing red as a way of stopping knife crime?

Would you rather watch picking neutral sides, say Arsenal vs united or gillinghamv spurs in any given early round of a cup ?

Yes. Clearly rigged to have Man City be the fall guys and sustain the narative of "The glory of the cup". Here's a few other obvious rigged matches:

Maidstone v Stevenage
    Aldershot v West Brom
    Chesterfield v Watford
    Eastleigh v Newport County

Keep digging conspiracy clowns. I'm sure you can find many more examples of this out there.
    It’s not really a conspiracy. Just companies in the business of making money creating the circumstances to make money. Tbh I don’t really have a problem with big ties in cups. Great for the competition.