Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Simulation and the current referees failure to see it…

That's something different and frankly just nonsense from conspiracy clowns.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    We agree on all of that post. Where we disagree is how to apportion blame. The players are to blame for diving, plain and simple. To take an anology, what you're doing is blaming the shopkeeper because kids are stealing in his shop. The thieves are the kids, not the shopkeeper.
    This is very much a “ Chicken and egg “ scenario and I accept that a player has to dive for a Referee to come into play, so the Dive always comes first… of that I have never disputed, cheats will be cheats.

However, if Ref’s consistently fail to punish players who dive, and history has proven this, players see this as an clear opportunity to gain an advantage and the incidences of diving increases….

If kids steal from a shop and the shop keeper fails to control this in house, and then if matters get worse and he / she also fails to get the Police involved, then word gets out that “ you can steal from this shop without punishment “

Unfortunately, this shop and shop keeper are seen as an easy target and guess what, more kids start stealing, however unpalatable that is, thats just the truth of the situation, just ask any experienced shop keeper or policeman.

I also have a different take on the so called, clear professional fouls.. IMHO regadless if there is a covering player or not, if you choose to take a player out with no clear attempt to win the ball, that is a significant step up from a yellow card which is awarded for a simple mis-timed tackle, and as such should be a straight red card.

At the moment the current punishment does not fit the crime, i will also add to that, it is irrelevant if it happens in the first minute of a big league game or final, if you commit the crime you do the time…simple as, this approach I believe will eventually dramatically reduce the number of professional fouls committed…

I appreciate we dont all see things the same way and its all very subjective, but thats my take on the matters we have argued over… all good.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    This is very much a “ Chicken and egg “ scenario and I accept that a player has to dive for a Referee to come into play, so the Dive always comes first… of that I have never disputed, cheats will be cheats.

However, if Ref’s consistently fail to punish players who dive, and history has proven this, players see this as an clear opportunity to gain an advantage and the incidences of diving increases….

If kids steal from a shop and the shop keeper fails to control this in house, and then if matters get worse and he / she also fails to get the Police involved, then word gets out that “ you can steal from this shop without punishment “

Unfortunately, this shop and shop keeper are seen as an easy target and guess what, more kids start stealing, however unpalatable that is, thats just the truth of the situation, just ask any experienced shop keeper or policeman.

I also have a different take on the so called, clear professional fouls.. IMHO regadless if there is a covering player or not, if you choose to take a player out with no clear attempt to win the ball, that is a significant step up from a yellow card which is awarded for a simple mis-timed tackle, and as such should be a straight red card.

At the moment the current punishment does not fit the crime, i will also add to that, it is irrelevant if it happens in the first minute of a big league game or final, if you commit the crime you do the time…simple as, this approach I believe will eventually dramatically reduce the number of professional fouls committed…

I appreciate we dont all see things the same way and its all very subjective, but thats my take on the matters we have argued over… all good.
    Again, I don't disagree with any of that. Refs seem to go through periods where they're told to clamp down on different things, then it fades and you don't see it again. Diving, pushing/shoving at corners and other things have gone in/out of fashion as things to punish. They dish out a few cards at the start of a season then it's over and they move on to the next thing. I think most of that comes from the FA/PL rather than refs themselves.

I don't see an easy solution, other than all governing bodies agreeing that diving should be stamped out and enforcing that. The chances of that happening are very close to zero.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

If you go down and there was no contact at all = 3 game suspension

That's about the only case where you can stamp it out. People were going mad about Jotas 'dive', I only saw it back once. But it looked like the keepers contact on his left foot led to his foot turning and he came down very awkwardly after it.
    He kept going so his right foot carried him, but he went down on his left foot thereafter as he'd lost his footing due to the first time his left foot made contact with the ground.