Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Fulham (League Cup semi-final, 2nd leg)

Your team v Fulham (League Cup semi-final, 2nd leg)

Selection headaches are coming.

With games coming thick and fast and the squad stretched in some places, something may have to give somewhere - for me with how deep we are into the League Cup and Europa League, the FA Cup is probably the one I am least invested in for now.

With the fixtures as follows -

Fulham (Cup)
    Norwich (Cup)
    Chelsea (League)
    Arsenal (League)

- and with the Norwich game being a Home match (as is Chelsea) I would probably look to Norwich as being the one for the heaviest rotation.

A second leg in the League Cup comes up first though and we have an aggregate lead. Personally my temptation is to be "careful" with Konate and Jones given that we have a lead and my desire to have them fit for as much of the season as possible - though I appreciate some will massively disagree and that's grand.

........................Alisson

Bradley......Gomez....Van Dijk....Beck

....................Mac Allister

..............Elliott..........Gravenberch

........Diaz.........Jota.......Núñez

Very much doubt the above is what Klopp will go with, but that's never the point of these.

We are in a great position - the chance to get to a Final and win a historic TENTH League Cup is huge and to be where we are in the League and Europa.....stellar.

Can we reach that Final?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

As an aside - anyone feel Middlesbrough will manage to avoid defeat to Chelsea and thus reach the Final?

It would be quite nice not to have another Final against Chelsea - though admittedly very satisfying if we win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    As an aside - anyone feel Middlesbrough will manage to avoid defeat to Chelsea and thus reach the Final?

It would be quite nice not to have another Final against Chelsea - though admittedly very satisfying if we win it.
    I think Chelsea will just about scrape through, although I'd rather be playing Middlesbrough in the final.

Would be a much sweeter win against Chelsea in the final. A hat trick of cup wins against them and an up yours to Caicedo. I'd expect a really tough game from them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

If Chelsea play like they did first leg Boro will definitely be going through. They were abysmal.
    I don't see it being as bad at the Bridge so I think they'll get through.

Kelleher

Bradley Quansah Van Dijk Scanlon

Elliottt Mac Allister Gravenberch

Gordon Gakpo Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Kelleher

Bradley Quansah Van Dijk Scanlon

Elliottt Mac Allister Gravenberch

Gordon Gakpo Diaz
    Ooooh interesting shout - that's probably not a million miles off what I would be going with for the Norwich tie - a place in a League Cup Final is a massive carrot for Fulham so I expect a very difficult match on Wednesday.

Quick reminder in case anyone had forgotten (it is a different tournament to the Champion's League after all) that the away goals rule does NOT apply for this - so if Fulham win 3-2 or 4-3 (seems unlikely, but hey) we are still going to extra-time and (if needed) penalties.

A 1-0 or 2-1 loss results in extra-time tonight due to the 2-2 or 3-3 aggregate scores. Given our fixture list and injuries, we must avoid extra-time like the plague.

Get the first goal to make this 3-1 on aggregate, control it, kill it off - please.

Roberson in the squad for Fulham thats great news
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Strong as we can for me, it's a semi final.

Rest players for the norwich game, if we go out the fa cup early so be it, we should be able to beat them still though.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Don’t give em a Sniff.

Not even a little sniff