Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: Match Thread: League Cup semi final second leg Fulham v Liverpool

22nd Wembley cup final in the past 46 years. And that's not including 12 Charity Shields. (Or all the finals not at Wembley......

Not too shabby....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    22nd Wembley cup final in the past 46 years. And that's not including 12 Charity Shields. (Or all the finals not at Wembley......

Not too shabby....
    excellent,. whats the win ratio? how many trophies out of the 22 finals?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Still just 20 - same age as Quansah - inconsistent performances are all a part of development.

Not to mention that the fact that he and Gravenberch were able to play that match ahead of Mac Allister means we didn't have to risk Jones.

Squad game. There'll be times when Salah or Szoboszlai need a breather this season and he can cover as a right-sided 8 or as a winger - he doesn't excel at either, but it's so useful having versatile players to give others a break - just look at what a blessing Gomez's availability has been this season with Robertson and Tsimikas out - and he will likely fill in at centre-back at some stage with Matip out and when Konate inevitably misses a few weeks.
    Smart post - both shrewd and cute.

Young Harvey can certainly take hope and inspiration from the development of Curtis Jones over the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Still just 20 - same age as Quansah - inconsistent performances are all a part of development.

Not to mention that the fact that he and Gravenberch were able to play that match ahead of Mac Allister means we didn't have to risk Jones.

Squad game. There'll be times when Salah or Szoboszlai need a breather this season and he can cover as a right-sided 8 or as a winger - he doesn't excel at either, but it's so useful having versatile players to give others a break - just look at what a blessing Gomez's availability has been this season with Robertson and Tsimikas out - and he will likely fill in at centre-back at some stage with Matip out and when Konate inevitably misses a few weeks.
    Good points Sid.
    Our use of the squad this season has been the best since Klopp arrived. Everyone playing a part and most of them are contributing a very good amount. Not many who are what I'd say overachieving but all together they're making themselves count.
    Gomez has been brilliant the last couple of months, he gets stick but there's not a defender out there who'd be as reliable that we wouldn't have to pay daft money for and who'd also be willing to sit out a fair bit.
    The youngsters have been great too. All looking good going forward for us.
    We're steady away right now and I don't think any of us are too bothered by the fact we won't be bringing anyone in this month. Even me. Lolz etc.

Quansah is going to save us a fortune.

I'd be happy enough with him as 3rd choice to Virg and Konate. And means we don't have to go and shell out £50/60m on Matip's replacement.

Also shout out to Joe Gomez. He was again excellent today, and for me he deserves a run at LB (Or RB for that matter).

Of Klopp's 'Team' Robbo has been my favourite player throughout. He epitomises everything Klopp wants in a player. But at the moment, I think he has to wait for his chance.

Also another good game from Mac. We noticeably lost control of the game when he went off.

All things considered - stats look remarkably even…. we dominated them - especially so up until the goal. From there on in we got a little complacent and gave them a couple of sniffs.

Once more for posterity

And frankly - that’s not to be sniffed at.