Thread: Your team v Norwich (FA Cup, 4th Round)

Your team v Norwich (FA Cup, 4th Round)

After successfully overcoming Fulham via an aggregate win in a two-legged League Cup semi-final, we find ourselves once again facing a Sunday-Wednesday-Sunday schedule.

The Chelsea match (Anfield) and the Arsenal match (Emirates) will be tiring affairs, so use of the squad and of our substitutes to ensure that as many lads as possible have fresh legs for those games will be key - but we certainly don't want to "throw" the FA Cup, especially as it is a good chance to keep fringe and youth players involved and maintain winning momentum.

The Norwich fixture as at Home, so fielding a "weaker" side with the understanding that Anfield should give us an edge seems a sound strategy, but Reds will have diverse views as to getting that balance right.

For me, I would roughly go for -

........................Kelleher

Bradley.....Quansah....Van Dijk....Beck

.....................Mac Allister

................Clark..........Gravenberch

........Diaz.........Gakpo.......Doak

Núñez will need a break at some point and whilst he could feature from the subs bench here if needed, I personally wouldn't start him - especially given how we will need some of those hamstring-risking sprints for counters as the season goes on.

Mac Allister I would play with the intention of him coming off after an hour or so. Gomez misses out for me as we may need him at right-back against Chelsea or Arsenal, by which time Robertson is hopefully fit for a match at left-back.

Jota to come on for Gakpo or Diaz after an hour.

I want Gravenberch to get game time as he will have less of it once Szoboszlai comes back into the fold, especially if Jones is ready.

Would love to rest Van Dijk but we need a senior in that back line.

Tough decisions everywhere, keen to see what folks come up with.

We are going to get to Wembley this season - can some of our youth lads contribute to the beginning of another journey there?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Think Doak is still injured.

Kelleher
    Bradley - Konate - Quansah - Robbo
    Gravenberch - Jones - Clark
    Gordon - Jota - Gakpo

Rest Darwin,, rotate Diaz,Diaz, and Gakpo as necessary.. Robertson will get some game time on Sunday, and if medical team give the nod so will trent and dom.think they're still replays this year in 4th round so we will want to avoid that. We're now at the mercy of PL as to when they order the postponed Luton H game to be shoehorned in.

*Jota instead of the 2nd Diaz lol

I'd go with Sid's back 4 and goalie, with Robertson/Gomez 2nd half subs if nec.
    With Jozza's midfield
    And Jozza's forward line
    Bring a Uruguayan forward on in the last half hour to terrorise Norwich late on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I'd go with Sid's back 4 and goalie, with Robertson/Gomez 2nd half subs if nec.
    With Jozza's midfield
    And Jozza's forward line
    Bring a Uruguayan forward on in the last half hour to terrorise Norwich late on.
    Deffo.
    Darwin might have some fun as a sub.

Alisson

Bradley Konate Quansah Robertson

Elliott Mac Allister Gravenberch

Jota Gakpo Diaz

Need to challenge those 3 forwards to make runs in behind, create & pose a persistent threat as we’ve just not been doing that when Nunez hasn’t been on the pitch far too often Diaz looks a shadow of the player he was as an advanced LFWD playing as Mane did

#LFC line up v Norwich: Alisson, Gomez, Konate, Nunez, Jones, Gakpo, Jota, Gravenberch, McConnell, Quansah, Bradley.

Subs: Kelleher, Van Dijk, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Elliott, Robertson, Clark, Beck, Alexander-Arnold.

great to see Szobslai and Trent back on the bench.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century