Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Yesterday I was reading an article about how we'd underachieved under Klopp.

Hope this story ends with a quadruple, proper send off.
    Underachieved? By whose standards?
    Ridiculous that.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Underachieved? By whose standards?
    Ridiculous that.
    By an alleged Liverpool follower.

https://www.football365.com/news/mailbox-liverpool-decade-underachieved-klopp-arsenal-strikers-man-city-united-berrada-harry-kane

Crazy times.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    The problem is, I don’t see an obvious replacement. It’s not like we’ve been grooming his successor. Not that I know of anyway.
    In a way, it would've been great for him to do 20+ years like a Ferguson or Wenger. Just don't see that in the modern game though, Guardiola will probably get to 10 years and then look elsewhere.
    Considering it from one angle, the longer Jurgen stayed the much harder it would be to replace him. Look at Utd, Whisky wise leaves and they finish 7th or 8th in the PL. Haven't won a PL since 2013. Wenger left his club in even more of a state, hoovered up FA Cup wins but departed having dropped out of the CL spots. Which they didn't return to for about 5 years.
    FSG utterly have to look at the mistakes made by Utd and Arsenal in not building on those 2 managers legacies. We likely have better squads than those 2 left behind at their clubs. Important we can lock in out more experienced players on longer deals now. Don't agree with some that Salah will leave. Virgil has looked re-energised as captain this campaign and Konate has started to look as much of a collosus alongside him. Make sure those 3, Trent and Robbo are signed up on long term deals. Look at the confidence they and Klopp have helped create in our new signings and youngsters coming through this season. Imagine the extra confidence boost if they win the PL to send Jurgen off with. I'd love coming in as a new boss to that success.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We would be stupid to look for one, or at least, in the "direct" replacement sense - there isn't another Klopp.

Similar to with players - there wasn't another Rush, but we did get to enjoy Fowler. There wasn't another Fowler, but we did get to enjoy Owen. There wasn't another Owen, but we did get to enjoy Torres. There wasn't another Torres, but we did get to enjoy Suarez. There wasn't another Suarez, but we have thoroughly enjoyed Salah. There won't be another Salah, but.....

I remember (I'm a "younger" fan) being delighted that Houllier restored a lot of pride to the club after it felt like we were mocked for most of the 90s - I didn't think we would get to witness anything better, but then Benitez came along. Benitez gave us some utterly glorious memories and when we left under the shadow of the threat to the club's welfare under Hicks and Gillette I thought "we are f**ked, no coming back from this, never see his like again" and we weathered some topsy-turvy times to have the unbridled joy of Klopp managing our club.

We won't witness another Klopp, but that doesn't mean that what comes after him necessarily has to be a gaping, barren, pitch-black void either.

There will be highs ahead, there will be lows ahead - that's football. Besides, the club has survived tragic disasters which put managerial positions into perspective.

Lastly, when it does come from the footballing side of things (rather than heart-wrenching atrocities) the next Manager will be inheriting a totally, totally different job. They won't receive a mish-mash of a squad with varying degrees of understanding of what's expected due to having multiple Managers - they'll be inheriting a squad with a good average age, stellar talent, exciting youth prospects, quality in depth and living experience of winning trophies.

It would be absolute nonsense for me to say I'm not "worried" about the future - of course I am - but these things have a way of working out (even if it sometimes takes a while) and the next Manager will be inheriting a FAR easier job than what Klopp did. If we look at Man United, Fergie left a pretty tired squad that he had wrung the best out of - Klopp will have done everything in his power to leave us in as good a place as possible.

Just another reason why we will appreciate him forever!
    I hear you. I really do and I'm all for being positive. Rafa's Valencia were amazing and I was delighted when he took over at LFC. Klopp's Dortmund were amazing and I was delighted when he joined. I look around today and don't see the next Benitez or Klopp. That doesn't mean they aren't out there, it's just not obvious to me who they are. I'm really not optimistic in this instance.

Appointing a new leader is completely different than say getting a new striker. If a striker doesn't work out, you move them on and bring a new one in to the same system. A manager doesn't work out and you've set yourself back 3-5 years. The reason Utd failed wasn't because of the squad Ferguson left them. Had Pep or Klopp taken over they'd have won multiple PL titles by now. They failed because they hired the wrong leaders.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    In a way, it would've been great for him to do 20+ years like a Ferguson or Wenger. Just don't see that in the modern game though, Guardiola will probably get to 10 years and then look elsewhere.
    Considering it from one angle, the longer Jurgen stayed the much harder it would be to replace him. Look at Utd, Whisky wise leaves and they finish 7th or 8th in the PL. Haven't won a PL since 2013. Wenger left his club in even more of a state, hoovered up FA Cup wins but departed having dropped out of the CL spots. Which they didn't return to for about 5 years.
    FSG utterly have to look at the mistakes made by Utd and Arsenal in not building on those 2 managers legacies. We likely have better squads than those 2 left behind at their clubs. Important we can lock in out more experienced players on longer deals now. Don't agree with some that Salah will leave. Virgil has looked re-energised as captain this campaign and Konate has started to look as much of a collosus alongside him. Make sure those 3, Trent and Robbo are signed up on long term deals. Look at the confidence they and Klopp have helped create in our new signings and youngsters coming through this season. Imagine the extra confidence boost if they win the PL to send Jurgen off with. I'd love coming in as a new boss to that success.
    Consistency is likely a thing of the past. The new manager coming in, whoever he is, will not play an identical style to Klopp. It might be similar, it might be very different. The existing players might like it, they might not. Given that we're changing the manager and the entire backroom staff, everything is thrown up in the air. Maybe I'm just pissed that the Klopp era is ending. It only seems like yesterday when he asked us all to change from doubters to believers.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Thinking positive here. if Jurgen can leave us with a couple of trophies and then we go in for say Alonso. Give him a 5/6 year contact and really stamp down our belief in him. we don't have to win each year. but if he can lead us to trophies over that period will be worth it. saying that. I still cant believe Jurgen will be gone in a few months time
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    I hear you. I really do and I'm all for being positive. Rafa's Valencia were amazing and I was delighted when he took over at LFC. Klopp's Dortmund were amazing and I was delighted when he joined. I look around today and don't see the next Benitez or Klopp. That doesn't mean they aren't out there, it's just not obvious to me who they are. I'm really not optimistic in this instance.

Appointing a new leader is completely different than say getting a new striker. If a striker doesn't work out, you move them on and bring a new one in to the same system. A manager doesn't work out and you've set yourself back 3-5 years. The reason Utd failed wasn't because of the squad Ferguson left them. Had Pep or Klopp taken over they'd have won multiple PL titles by now. They failed because they hired the wrong leaders.
    Baffled.. Because whoever wrote the above is totally in alignment with my thinking.

It also points to a belief that Jurgen has not been backed as well as he should. For how else would United have "won multiple PL titles by now" with "Klopp"....?

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Baffled.. Because whoever wrote the above is totally in alignment with my thinking.

It also points to a belief that Jurgen has not been backed as well as he should. For how else would United have "won multiple PL titles by now" with "Klopp"....?

hmm
    Well we're going to find out if our current crop of players are just turds covered in Klopp coloured glitter!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

It'll be interesting to see if the new bosses style is a less intense one. Which may result in fewer injuries.
    Are the medical staff off to?

Who will be advising FSG on the next appointment? We have no sporting director so I'm assuming it's down to Billy Hogan, the ceo?

Let's hope it's not another lazy decision like when Hodgson was given the job by our previous owners after rafa left.