Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    When all is said and done, Klopp has a beautiful wife and a bank full of cash. He’s clearly decided that he’s earned the right to have some time off to enjoy it. There’s no point earning millions if you’re always at work. I’m skint and my mrs looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp, but I’d retire tomorrow if I could afford it.
    Precisely SB, except for the bulldog chewin a wasp bit, I’m exactly the same.

hows that wasp tasting Miller?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

speaking of wives....

A guy takes his wife out for the night and they end up at a disco where there’s a guy on the dance floor giving it large – break dancing, moonwalking, back flips, every dance move going. The wife turns to her husband and says...
    “See that guy on the dance floor? 25 years ago he proposed to me and I turned him down.”

The husband replies, “It looks like he’s still celebrating.”

Very good
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

So the morning after the night before (well yesterday morning actually) how we all feeling about Jurgens decision leave at the end of the season? Didnt see that coming at all. Was hoping he'd extend.But like the great man said hes burned out. lets hope he has enough energy to see out the season. no reason why not. considering the position we are in. Bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Klopp said he's taking a break but his coaching staff intend to start their own managerial careers so they will be moving on to something else. Klopp talked about a 1 year break for himself. Very similar to what he had planned after Dortmund. He definitely burns out after a while and needs to rest.

Let's say your in charge of hiring Klopp's replacement. Who do you pick?
    I hadn't read about the coaching staff intending to start their own managerial careers. I was using that as an example of Klopps strong leadership skills. He brought his main coaching staff with him from Dortmund to Liverpool even though he was taking a break from the game. I'm guessing that you're not disputing Klopps leadership abilities, just highlighting inaccuracies in the example?

When you say he definitely burns out after a while a needs a rest I think it's more nuanced than that. If Pep had done the Dortmund job and constantly seen his best players sold to his fiercest rivals (Gotze, Lewandowski) who already have a massive financial advantage, how long do you think he would have lasted? Klopp has delivered titles against adversity with underdog or sleeping giant teams. Pep by comparison has had the best teams with the best players and the biggest budgets. I think any manager would burnout having to do the jobs that Klopp has done. I imagine the negotiations he would have had with those shrewd business types FSG would have taken its toll.

Ancelotti would be my pick in an ideal world. Realistically it looks like Alonso might be the best option.I would prefer a proven title winner to take charge but there's not alot of quality managers who are currently available. FSG have a decent record of choosing managers at LFC, so this seems to be a moot point. The problem is the restrictions placed on the manager by the business model and the lack of investment in players that has left us in crisis mode on more than one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
    I hadn't read about the coaching staff intending to start their own managerial careers. I was using that as an example of Klopps strong leadership skills. He brought his main coaching staff with him from Dortmund to Liverpool even though he was taking a break from the game. I'm guessing that you're not disputing Klopps leadership abilities, just highlighting inaccuracies in the example?

When you say he definitely burns out after a while a needs a rest I think it's more nuanced than that. If Pep had done the Dortmund job and constantly seen his best players sold to his fiercest rivals (Gotze, Lewandowski) who already have a massive financial advantage, how long do you think he would have lasted? Klopp has delivered titles against adversity with underdog or sleeping giant teams. Pep by comparison has had the best teams with the best players and the biggest budgets. I think any manager would burnout having to do the jobs that Klopp has done. I imagine the negotiations he would have had with those shrewd business types FSG would have taken its toll.

Ancelotti would be my pick in an ideal world. Realistically it looks like Alonso might be the best option.I would prefer a proven title winner to take charge but there's not alot of quality managers who are currently available. FSG have a decent record of choosing managers at LFC, so this seems to be a moot point. The problem is the restrictions placed on the manager by the business model and the lack of investment in players that has left us in crisis mode on more than one occasion.
    I don't believe it's anything to do with finances. I suppose it plays a part like everything else but it's not like Klopp was in a bottom half club struggling to survive. Given some perspective, he had one of the best clubs in world football to manage. So I believe him when he says he puts 100% into everything and then needs to take a break. Every top manager will put 100% into it. That's how they become top managers.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    I don't believe it's anything to do with finances. I suppose it plays a part like everything else but it's not like Klopp was in a bottom half club struggling to survive. Given some perspective, he had one of the best clubs in world football to manage. So I believe him when he says he puts 100% into everything and then needs to take a break. Every top manager will put 100% into it. That's how they become top managers.
    Come on mate, let's not pretend the pressures of managing Burnley, Luton or even Brentford are the same as managing Liverpool. That's why I said it's more nuanced than that. When managing the best club in the world the expectations are huge with it. We were not in 'best' club shape when he arrived and he's not had the best backing but he's still delivered beyond (my) expectations.

I too believe him when he says he is burnt out. The distinction is why? You feel that this is just part of his character. I say it's down to the massive challenges he takes on whilst continuing to maintain his principles. Being in positions in his two high profile jobs where he is david to goliath against his main competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not criticising, I suppose we all just have a connection to Xabi but … everyone is saying stuff like De Zerbi hasn’t really done anything, flash in the pan etc

What has Naglesman done apart from win the Bundesliga

And yet, we’re all clamouring for Xabi and his half a good season in Germany

There really isn’t a stand out candidate at all, whoever we bring in unless it’s Pep after City get relegated, it’ll be a massive risk
    I know right.....

We need to take that kind of emotion out of it....At one stage we were all thinking Stevie would be the dream ticket and look what has happened to him.

Has it been confirmed all the coaching staff are leaving?
    Are they stepping away from football?
    Or will they end up taking Klopps vision to other clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
    Come on mate, let's not pretend the pressures of managing Burnley, Luton or even Brentford are the same as managing Liverpool. That's why I said it's more nuanced than that. When managing the best club in the world the expectations are huge with it. We were not in 'best' club shape when he arrived and he's not had the best backing but he's still delivered beyond (my) expectations.

I too believe him when he says he is burnt out. The distinction is why? You feel that this is just part of his character. I say it's down to the massive challenges he takes on whilst continuing to maintain his principles. Being in positions in his two high profile jobs where he is david to goliath against his main competitors.
    We’ll never know why he’s burnt out. He just is and we have to respect that. He has never mentioned David vs Goliath as being an issue for him. I always thought he enjoyed that role.

One thing is for sure, Klopp will be able to pick any club in the world when he decides to return. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.