Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Omg

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    As I said last week, they've (the owners) known since November and obviously have someone picked who's bringing his own staff with him...
    And that, to me, points to Xabi Alonso...
    Hope so…

I wonder if Klopp spoke to them about Ljinders?
    Recommended him and they said No?
    Or maybe he's convinced them all to go with him wherever he goes.

Ljinders wants to go into management, he'd obviously know more than anyone else about that squad after Klopp.
    I wouldn't be against him getting the job.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I'd been promising to take my boy to his first match at Anfield...but the official ticket lottery just isn't happening.

Within a couple of hours of the news I had two tickets..a ferry and a parking space booked for the Norwich game, probably one the most significant games in a generation..

Unbelievable experience and my boy will always be able to say he was there to see the beginning of Klopps farewell!

I want to say Thanks to all you locals who have made this great football club what it is, which gives people like us the chance, once in a while, to feel the passion.
    YNWA
    Delighted for you shminky

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I wonder if Klopp spoke to them about Ljinders?
    Recommended him and they said No?
    Or maybe he's convinced them all to go with him wherever he goes.

Ljinders wants to go into management, he'd obviously know more than anyone else about that squad after Klopp.
    Klopp said he's not involved in picking his successor.

Either recommending anyone or advising against anyone, so it's doubtful he would have put Ljinders name up as a replacement.
    If I had to guess, he's keen to avoid another Ferguson-Moyes situation over here like they had at the Scum when Red Nose retired.

I think Ljinder's decision to leave was all his own and had nothing to do with being rejected as a replacement candidate.
    I can't blame him for wanting to chart his own path apart from the club and away from underneath Klopp's shadow.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

[QUOTE=faridtoxteth;2818113]Whereabouts in the ground were you?[/QUOTE

Main stand Top left right in the corner...U1 .....

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Hopefully Lijnders can go away, get more experience and then come back to us in some capacity later in his career. Very likeable fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Hopefully Lijnders can go away, get more experience and then come back to us in some capacity later in his career. Very likeable fella.
    Agreed. I must admit, he’s been in the shadows whilst he’s been here so I don’t really know him, but he came across really well in that video. I wonder where he’ll end up managing.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Agreed. I must admit, he’s been in the shadows whilst he’s been here so I don’t really know him, but he came across really well in that video. I wonder where he’ll end up managing.
    Well, if we go by movie fantasy logic, he goes to Bayer Leverkusen after their current Manager comes to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - pick the beans out of that. We love it here and everything is great but this is the time to leave..

Ok.. Nothing to see here
    A lot of talking without actually saying very much, imo.

In Jürgens initial and quite private briefing about his decision to retire he was quite candid about the importance for the need for us fans to know the truth.
    And the truth he said was that he had run out of energy.
    That is surely enough to dispel any different conjectures!