Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg

Whoever it is, just please not a return to defensive football.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep, most of the backroom staff apparently. So it looks like it's more than just Klopp being burned out.

But, i'm sure Klopp would have come out and spoken against the owners if that was the real reason.
    The only way this doesn't end up a disaster is if we have continuity.... The infrastructure needs to stay and evolve naturally

If Klopp needs to go we will always love him....but we need to start insisting that the boot room mentality is brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I blame FSG. its about transfers. maybe they told Klopp that if he dont have the fly on the wall documentary he wont get any money
    Apparently they have known since November

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    The only way this doesn't end up a disaster is if we have continuity.... The infrastructure needs to stay and evolve naturally

If Klopp needs to go we will always love him....but we need to start insisting that the boot room mentality is brought back.
    I believe all the coaching staff are leaving too.

It’s slightly odd that all the back room staff are going too.

Maybe something is bubbling with the owners.

Maybe they've already approached someone with their own backroom staff...

Hopefully, Jurgen will have a hand in how the transition is managed. Why watch his new Liverpool fall?

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Apparently they have known since November
    wow, we dont know whats going on my behind the scenes.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    'Klopp: "If you ask me, ‘Will you ever work as a manager again?’ I would say now no. But I don’t know obviously how that will feel because I never had the situation. What I know definitely – I will never, ever manage a different club in England than Liverpool."'

Hola Madrid....
    The project that looks and feels like a Klopp project is the German job. If he is perhaps looking at slowing down or retiring I think if Germany don't at least reach the semi finals of Euro that the DFB are going to approach him to take them to the 2026 WC.

On our side I think FSG must do everything to get Alonso. He seems to know how to galvanize players to believe in a project. You don't go unbeaten for so long without players loving you as a Manager and believe in your project. Alonso will get all the time and love here as he is "one of us" But has proven himself. He is a great football mind we all know from his playing career and it has carried over into his Managerial portfolio. It will help if he wins the league but don't think for our supporters that will be a game changer. But if he does it clearly pushes up his pullin ability, However as a player similar to when Zidane waled into the Madrid dressing room, he will have the immediate respect of his dressing room cause of what he has won as a player but not only that he has proven that he can make players better and that he can challenge.

De Zerbi though he has punched well, don't think the supporters will be that patient if he doesn't start well or has a sticky second season, because he has not won anything. (It will be a Rodgers type vibe) Manager who plays good football at t asmaller club, signing nto scrutinized so most of the time they are winners. But at a club like Liverpool the pressure is 1000x more so it is better that you walk in with a stornger CV than playing good football. As i said though Xabi is young, he played here and we adored him. He played and won everything at the highest level. There will never be a player that he manages that could feel bigger than him.

I'm beyond gutted, but not overly surprised.

It is an exhausting job. Between PGMOL, what Man City have been allowed to get away with, the Premier League, the media, punditry, the highs, the lows, the redevelopment of a squad, knowing that you need 90+ points to finish second at times - there's a lot of influences.

Then there's just his own self and way of working - he gives absolutely everything. Let's not forget too that he was meant to have a year's break after Dortmund where he was absolutely drained, but joined us after a few months off when he probably needed a full year, plus losing his Mother at a time where he couldn't really "switch off" due to the Nature of the job.

That stuff all "stacks" after a while and some days the weight must be unbearable. I just hope that he is in good health and there's nothing underlying that he is covering up.

He owes us nothing - absolutely unbelievable Manager and an even better human being. I just hope this group of players can win the League for him now and give him a very special send-off.

And so it happens..!

Devastated.