Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg

Gutted and concerned for what happens post Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    The phrase “End of an Era” is overused, but totally appropriate on this occasion. Things will never be the same again.

I’m absolutely stunned. And can we fuck off with the conspiracy theories, and just believe what Klopp has said for once?
    Agree fully dude. It won't be the same. Some are playing it down a little.
    We'll never see another like him. Life will go on obviously but it's a sad day that we knew would come one day but this has been a real blindsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm beyond gutted, but not overly surprised.

It is an exhausting job. Between PGMOL, what Man City have been allowed to get away with, the Premier League, the media, punditry, the highs, the lows, the redevelopment of a squad, knowing that you need 90+ points to finish second at times - there's a lot of influences.

Then there's just his own self and way of working - he gives absolutely everything. Let's not forget too that he was meant to have a year's break after Dortmund where he was absolutely drained, but joined us after a few months off when he probably needed a full year, plus losing his Mother at a time where he couldn't really "switch off" due to the Nature of the job.

That stuff all "stacks" after a while and some days the weight must be unbearable. I just hope that he is in good health and there's nothing underlying that he is covering up.

He owes us nothing - absolutely unbelievable Manager and an even better human being. I just hope this group of players can win the League for him now and give him a very special send-off.
    100% Sid.

Wasn't there a glimmer of hope a few minutes ago that he was going to sign another contract extension?
    Or did I imagine it?

Something feels off about all of this. Recently signed a contract extension, the team is top of the league, playing well of late, new targets asked for, acquired, and bedding in. We're also in the final of the league cup, favourites for the Europa League, and some up-and-coming youngsters are coming into the first team and holding their own. And then suddenly, boom! I'm off.....

Very suspicious....

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    The phrase “End of an Era” is overused, but totally appropriate on this occasion. Things will never be the same again.

I’m absolutely stunned. And can we fuck off with the conspiracy theories, and just believe what Klopp has said for once?
    Nailed it. This is the moment I was dreading. Klopp is a true one off and has given the club some of the best moments ever. He deserves to go out on his own terms but it’s still a nightmare for the fans.

Busy all morning and only saw that bombshell news in the last 20 minutes. Glad people are being thankful to Jurgen for his time here and transforming the club. The only regret has been him having to compete with 115 charges FC. That has undoubtedly added to his exhaustion. None of the other PL winning and regular challenging managers since the top division rebranded had to overcome a club regularly getting 95+ points. We've seen the effects of that during injury ravaged seasons on the field and it has now caught up with the boss.
    LFC in it's strongest times always had the key figurehead. Again it feels like such a huge loss, despite the huge promise in the squad this campaign. For which we can thank Jurgen for even more in future, particularly as youngsters developed. That is one of the biggest concerns for me. Can we attract a manager who will spend so much time improving players individually as well as their development into first team ready mentality monsters?
    As time goes on, we'll realise no one person is bigger or more important than LFC. Although a few to which I'd include Jurgen came pretty damn close.

Completely gutted and shocked. Not surprised I guess in the big picture but didn’t expect it to end so soon. Sad day

It’s the entire coaching staff vacating

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Something feels off about all of this. Recently signed a contract extension, the team is top of the league, playing well of late, new targets asked for, acquired, and bedding in. We're also in the final of the league cup, favourites for the Europa League, and some up-and-coming youngsters are coming into the first team and holding their own. And then suddenly, boom! I'm off.....

Very suspicious....
    There will be all sorts of theories - some silly, some perfectly realistic - and who knows, one of them may come to pass. I imagine one source of speculation will be a sale to a Qatari organisation or something - personally trying not to let my mind whirl with that sort of thing as I want to remember all the best moments whilst also still being invested in what remains an ongoing season in which we are still competing on multiple fronts.