Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Busy all morning and only saw that bombshell news in the last 20 minutes. Glad people are being thankful to Jurgen for his time here and transforming the club. The only regret has been him having to compete with 115 charges FC. That has undoubtedly added to his exhaustion. None of the other PL winning and regular challenging managers since the top division rebranded had to overcome a club regularly getting 95+ points. We've seen the effects of that during injury ravaged seasons on the field and it has now caught up with the boss.
    LFC in it's strongest times always had the key figurehead. Again it feels like such a huge loss, despite the huge promise in the squad this campaign. For which we can thank Jurgen for even more in future, particularly as youngsters developed. That is one of the biggest concerns for me. Can we attract a manager who will spend so much time improving players individually as well as their development into first team ready mentality monsters?
    As time goes on, we'll realise no one person is bigger or more important than LFC. Although a few to which I'd include Jurgen came pretty damn close.
    The problem is, I don’t see an obvious replacement. It’s not like we’ve been grooming his successor. Not that I know of anyway.

Guess Salah will leave as well now in the symmer. Fucking FSG and their tight money grabbing arses . they dont care only for money..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Oh no steveo just seeing Klopp standing there watching . is upsetting me now i know hes got a few more months,. but seems like its over now
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I want to remember all the best moments whilst also still being invested in what remains an ongoing season in which we are still competing on multiple fronts.
    That’s what I’ve been doing since he joined. What a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    The problem is, I don’t see an obvious replacement.
    We would be stupid to look for one, or at least, in the "direct" replacement sense - there isn't another Klopp.

Similar to with players - there wasn't another Rush, but we did get to enjoy Fowler. There wasn't another Fowler, but we did get to enjoy Owen. There wasn't another Owen, but we did get to enjoy Torres. There wasn't another Torres, but we did get to enjoy Suarez. There wasn't another Suarez, but we have thoroughly enjoyed Salah. There won't be another Salah, but.....

I remember (I'm a "younger" fan) being delighted that Houllier restored a lot of pride to the club after it felt like we were mocked for most of the 90s - I didn't think we would get to witness anything better, but then Benitez came along. Benitez gave us some utterly glorious memories and when we left under the shadow of the threat to the club's welfare under Hicks and Gillette I thought "we are f**ked, no coming back from this, never see his like again" and we weathered some topsy-turvy times to have the unbridled joy of Klopp managing our club.

We won't witness another Klopp, but that doesn't mean that what comes after him necessarily has to be a gaping, barren, pitch-black void either.

There will be highs ahead, there will be lows ahead - that's football. Besides, the club has survived tragic disasters which put managerial positions into perspective.

Lastly, when it does come from the footballing side of things (rather than heart-wrenching atrocities) the next Manager will be inheriting a totally, totally different job. They won't receive a mish-mash of a squad with varying degrees of understanding of what's expected due to having multiple Managers - they'll be inheriting a squad with a good average age, stellar talent, exciting youth prospects, quality in depth and living experience of winning trophies.

It would be absolute nonsense for me to say I'm not "worried" about the future - of course I am - but these things have a way of working out (even if it sometimes takes a while) and the next Manager will be inheriting a FAR easier job than what Klopp did. If we look at Man United, Fergie left a pretty tired squad that he had wrung the best out of - Klopp will have done everything in his power to leave us in as good a place as possible.

Just another reason why we will appreciate him forever!

Coming over too Liverpool and getting his teeth done, he's used us lads !!

Yesterday I was reading an article about how we'd underachieved under Klopp.

Hope this story ends with a quadruple, proper send off.

He made us believe again , and has given me some of the greatest nights of my life. Partying into the early hours in Madrid plus the 7-0 against Utd.
    Cheers Jurgen.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Coming over too Liverpool and getting his teeth done, he's used us lads !!
    He got them done in Turkey mate.