Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788182838485868788

Thread: Shortlist

Short passing - next level football… He is going to need some very expensive and tidy players if that is to work in this league.

Sounds good - but let’s see

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Short passing - next level football… He is going to need some very expensive and tidy players if that is to work in this league.

It isn’t that, watch reels of a few of their players and the goals they score, it’s a mixture of everything we did 18-20 & 21-22

City don’t play exclusively short passing by any stretch of the imagination either, thry made significant changes to that approach after 19-20, adopted pretty much thr balance I’ve always asked for and oh hang on they’re about to win their fourth title in a row while we’ve been pissing about trying to play like they did in 19-20 since 20-21 with periods of reverting to how we used to play to rescue something out of each season

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Thiago likes this 🤣🤣

Don’t know anything about the guy beyond snippets and clips, but from what I have seen and read he seems extremely smart, able to handle himself and field very tough on the spot questions very well…

…Could the owners have done it again…?

Who knows - I have been super critical of the way they do things from a financial perspective regarding the club BUT nobody can argue against the brilliant appointment of Klopp. I might be being wildly optimistic here - but I do have the slight suspicion that they just might have done it again. Really hope so. Does he have the gravitas of a klopp? No - but does seem to be his own man - I think players will respond. I like him: Doesn't mean he will be great for us, but I have good hope.

https://x.com/watch_lfc/status/1786430417966342273?s=46&t=Py29ytjTcYK-9jcEs07T0g

Ive read that he's very good with the media, seems like h a comfortable with it.
    All the the things that are being said are really positive. The way he deals with players,youngsters,set up etc.
    There's obviously some nay sayers and doubt from some pundits and fans but that's normal.

Aren’t we all …

Liverpool are hopeful assistant manager Pep Lijnders, who is set to depart this summer along with manager Jurgen Klopp, will return to Anfield in the future. (Mirror)