Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 226265666768697071727374757677787982 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Harsh.
    But fair..

Speaking of 🐷 - old slot looks just like one.

Can imagine Linda patting his shiny bald pate in the sunshine at Anfield this August to rapturous applause. 😜

Aston Villa manager Unai Emery has signed a contract extension.

I jest we are all for one and one for all!

Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds
    One for all and all for one,
    Muskehounds are always ready.
    Helping everybody.
    It's a pretty story.
    Sharing everything with fun,
    That's the way to be.

lover that cartoon growing up

Anyway, reading other Liverpool forums..one rumour is of Moronhino for a chance at LFC, it won't happen in a million years.
    But if it it did, im finished with the club until he goes. I will never accept him for his behaviour running down the touchline banging his chest. he had NO respect for a our club that day NONE. so he can fuck off and screw it
    anyway won't happen thankfully..

I know it seems to be taking a long time. but i'm glad the club is doing numerous interviews, or so it appears. best to see what the mind set of these managers are. and what positives can be gleaned from it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I wonder if the successful candidate will pitch up with a 180 page dossier a la Brendan.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I wonder if the successful candidate will pitch up with a 180 page dossier a la Brendan.
    Pages off my posts on here from the time you mean?

Then he had to trash it all when it was in his grasp by trying to make someone else’s ideas his own, adding his own little bit, they never learn

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Speaking of 🐷 - old slot looks just like one.

Can imagine Linda patting his shiny bald pate in the sunshine at Anfield this August to rapturous applause. 😜
    Hopefully he's like Daddy Pig from Peppa pig and is "bit of an expert" at football management.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Hopefully he's like Daddy Pig from Peppa pig and is "bit of an expert" at football management.
    Yep... then we're snorted..

I always imagined that bets placed about a new manager were mostly placed by the fans of that team & most bets would be placed on who they thought was best & wanted,

I guess the football gamblers out there just bet on anything these days, I always thought the introduction of betting on corners fouls etc was simply for the purpose of getting them to be on anything so they gambled more

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I always imagined that bets placed about a new manager were mostly placed by the fans of that team & most bets would be placed on who they thought was best & wanted,

I guess the football gamblers out there just bet on anything these days, I always thought the introduction of betting on corners fouls etc was simply for the purpose of getting them to be on anything so they gambled more
    I think initially the bookmakers lay a field, then football fans start betting and the bookies adjust accordingly. But they don't really make a book in the same way as a horse race, which has a fixed number of runners, in the managers race runners come and go continually. So I'd imagine the bookies make more money on these 'races'.

I've mentioned before on here that a few years ago I read an article that showed you could make handsome profits by betting against (laying) the first favourite of a 'next manager' bet. So often you would get the usual suspects (Redknapp, Allardcye, Pardew etc) before the real contender steams in (as we have seen with Alonso and de Zerbi)