Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34747778798081828384

Thread: Shortlist

He'll slot right in.....

......and slot it all out.

Many on here who are feeling disappointed now will be pleasantly surprised to find we've won the Slottery.

(*I need to get these out of my system before he gets here)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I’m interested to see how it will shape up, there’s immense potential & proven top quality in this squad

There are quite a few things we were brilliant at that teams knew were coming were well drilled to try & stop, but just couldn’t

Our press & counter press used to be second to none & a great source of many of our goals through winning second balls, dispossessing the opposition as they were coming out & trying to play out with their players not set as they had practiced so hard & to play players in or find them with crosses

The ARCM role & the triangle they played with RFWD & RFB each working to manipulate the space & players open or close the channel to try and release any of the 3 through the channel or wide with a ball through the channel or down the line & we also worked excellent crossing positions for Trent & Hendo with the option to play a low curved driven ball through the channel we’d opened

I’d be interested to see spells of our new mids playing midfield as Gini Hendo & Ox/Keits/Lallana/Milner even Shaq did at our very best For me everyone was pretty universal there wasn’t so much an issue with their roles, it was that they lacked in the passing department except for Hendo’s more direct passes, so if we have 3 mids now who if well drilled in a constant system can play the roles of those 3 but have the greater passing skills, maybe back to the future with our once best pressing & counter pressing game will reap dividends by bringing natural evolution

I’d like to see us use the switches or Trent ball over the 2 CBs dropping just in behind their RCB or there to be headed for an outside in runner coming from LFWD through the channel off the back of that CB in our game again

There’s the potential is someone can take all the best things we did in each different way Jurgen did them in different seasons, bringing back in some of the things we did brilliantly but ditched & put all that into our whole game, that this squad could become the monster that tests teams in every way imaginable who nobody wants to draw or play

Let’s all hope it pans out like that

Feyenoord thrashed Ajax 6-0 on the very day we blew it against the filthy

Highlights of that show there are many similarities in how Slot plays, it actually looks like they’re playing more of our 18-20 style with elements of 21-22 in it & some slight variations & adoptations of a lot we were exceptional at

If he can get that and their best levels of it out of our players & further develop that I think he’ll be in with every chance of making a great success of it

There was a really nice mix of several elements, naturally mixing it up, some nice short stuff, good positioning, some great pressing & counter pressing

Need to make sure they get him the very best possible people for the additional roles we no doubt have so he’s as well supported as possible from the outset, from the first day he arrives to start work on the training pitch

Poor Hendo Thrashed by a team who set up & played like the one he used to play in

I don’t know why he went there or they wanted him, he’d have been much better suited at Feyenoord it’s not the Ajax No6 style player at all

Oh Hendo was injured that explains EVERYTHING!

Slot can bring their LB Hartman with him as our second LB option, at just 21 he looks a great young beast in the making

I'm personally looking forward to seeing what he can do with what is a very good squad.
    Onwards and upwards n'all tha.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Fixed
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's the difference between Slot's wages and Klopp's wages!

Kind of hoping Jurgen takes a break for a year and comes back. No chance, but one can dream.