Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3942434445464748495051525354555659 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Don't worry lads, 19x is the fav for the job, we're gonna win the leaaaaaaaague
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

It's gonna be Southgate.

Ornstein - "Liverpool & Bayern Munich expect Xabi Alonso to stay at Bayer Leverkusen. LFC under that impression for some time so no shock + plans being refined to appoint Klopp successor focus on other candidates"

If we have known for some time and Edwards has influence, it points more and more towards Amorim - which I would honestly be very happy with still even if it isn't Alonso.

Wait-and-see though. So much noise around these things (Fekir, Bellingham, Caicedo...) and often fruitless.

Looks like it's going to be Amorim or De Zerbi. I like De Zerbi but would prefer Amorim. Both will want to change the formation we play.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It's gonna be Southgate.
    yes bring it on!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

No to de zebri a spoofer..really think hes riding on potters work coatails. Alonso out....theres so many one hit wonders that get second season syndrome it hard to know where next to go. I wonder as a left field should willy sagnol be a runner...hughes and edwards have their work cut out

My gut feeling is that Xabi will think that now is a little too early in his managerial development to take on the massive expectations and responsibilities of his beloved LFC…

He realises he is still a very young coach and despite his initial success with BY he needs to have far more experience under his belt before he considers taking on such an intense challenge…

However, I think that if Klopp had stayed until 2026, I think then that the timing would have been much better and the extra 2 years of experience would have suited his managerial development path far better … and under those conditions he would readily accept the challenge…

Xabi sitting in Leverkusen one more year until the RM job opens. Sad but not really surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Ornstein - "Liverpool & Bayern Munich expect Xabi Alonso to stay at Bayer Leverkusen. LFC under that impression for some time so no shock + plans being refined to appoint Klopp successor focus on other candidates"

If we have known for some time and Edwards has influence, it points more and more towards Amorim - which I would honestly be very happy with still even if it isn't Alonso.

Wait-and-see though. So much noise around these things (Fekir, Bellingham, Caicedo...) and often fruitless.
    I wouldn't be unhappy with Amorim either. Hes got plenty of credentials. Also would be happy with Inzaghi but I dont see that one happening ( does he speak Englesi?).
    This news about Alonso does have a Bellingham feel about it.