What about Player Manager? VVD?
    ~~~~~~~
    Others
    19x
    Allardici
    Hodgson
    John Sitton
    ~~~~~~~~
    All joking aside, it's a tough act to follow.
    I wonder out of respect if Guardiola will call his time here in the UK regardless of charges?
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Would be very apprehensive about Gerrard.
    Xabi plays a mixture of Klopp, Pep and that guy from Fluminense. think it would suit us very well. Also Spanish speaking, because we have a lot of Spanish speakers at the club (at the moment). If you look at the managers Xabi has learned under it's impressive.
    I like De Zerbi...but why have Brighton fallen off this season?. I haven't watched them close enough to see. Is it injuries? Squad depth, fixture pile up?
    Why is Pep Lijnders not even in the conversation. ?
    Outside shouts...maybe Milner (maybe too soon, but he's going to be a really good manager).

Alonso with Milnercas part of his coaching team might be a good option.

19x will be acting as an advisor to the club to make sure whoever comes in can dish out the severe bummings he demands.

Seriously though, I can’t think of who’s next.

Today, I don't give a fuck who the next manager will be. It won't be Jurgen. They won't have the same charisma, humour, humanity or humility. They might even win more trophies but they'll never do it in the same style.

I might feel different some other time but for now, it's 100% Jurgen till the end of the season.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    19x will be acting as an advisor to the club to make sure whoever comes in can dish out the severe bummings he demands.

Seriously though, I can’t think of who’s next.
    I'd be disappointed if the club wasn't going balls out trying to at least make a pitch to Xabi.

Of all the potentials out there, he's the one I'd be somewhat if not most comfortable with given what he's doing with Leverkusen and from what I've read of how he motivates players to do more than they think they can.

In another universe I think Ancelotti would have taken it were both he and it available, and sometimes I'm convinced he only took the gig at the BS because this one wasn't available.

Too bad for Stevie he had to go and ruin all the credit he had in the bank by jumping from the SPL too quickly to Villa and ruining his chances from that point on.
    Had he held on in Scotland and possibly won a couple more titles with Rangers, it would absolutely be his for the taking.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    Xabi Alonso
    De Zerbi
    ~~~~~~~
    Followed by
    Gerrard
    What about Player Manager? VVD?
    ~~~~~~~
    Others
    19x
    Allardici
    Hodgson
    John Sitton
    ~~~~~~~~
    All joking aside, it's a tough act to follow.
    I wonder out of respect if Guardiola will call his time here in the UK regardless of charges?

He's not going to want to manage in the Championship, that's for sure.
    So if the charges bring back a guilty finding and they get relegated, he's as good as gone.
    He'll probably be gone anyway even if they don't get relegated but get something like a 10 or 20 point deduction to start the next season.

It feels like these two seasons are the coming of an end of an era not just for us but might also likely be with City as well.
    In a much less dignified manner for them though.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Wow i just had a massive case of Deja vu there. weird... anyway moving on. I think Alonso is the likely replacement. Big shoes to fill. But he or anyone doesnt need to fill anyone shoes though,, Just do the job their way and we'll see what transpires
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The top 10 out-of-work managers right now

https://www.squawka.com/en/features/top-10-best-out-of-work-managers/

1. Zinedine Zidane ·
    2. Jose Mourinho ·
    3. Antonio Conte ·
    4. Julen Lopetegui ·
    5. Hansi Flick
    6. Graham Potter
    7. Ole Gunnar... I'll stop there.

Nobody fills Klopp's shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    The top 10 out-of-work managers right now

https://www.squawka.com/en/features/top-10-best-out-of-work-managers/

1. Zinedine Zidane ·
    2. Jose Mourinho ·
    3. Antonio Conte ·
    4. Julen Lopetegui ·
    5. Hansi Flick
    6. Graham Potter
    7. Ole Gunnar... I'll stop there.

Nobody fills Klopp's shoes.
    I don't think Zidane wants to manage in England, but maybe that's just me.
    It feels like he's waiting for the France job or nothing else.

I'm not too keen on any of the rest of that crowd.
    The next two are to high maintainance/past it, Lopetegui doesn't have enough in the bank for my liking, and I don't want our club to be Flick's training wheels for a start at managing in the Premier League.

And not Potter or and SCUM leftovers, please.
    Stone-Cold Savage!