Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 236366676869707172737475767778798083 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Bugger me.. Good luck John boy.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13121595/arne-slot-feyenoord-boss-at-forefront-of-liverpool-s-search-for-jurgen-klopp-successor

Metrics... "Out performed his budget in terms of his rivals....."

Ahh those Metrics.. Schmetrics...
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd April 2024 at 05:54 PM.

Are we seriously going to replace Klopp with Ten Hag light?

Fuck me

He may not be what people want but we have to give whoever it is the chance.
    Edwards and Co know a lot more than we do about appointing the right people. His judgement has rarely been wrong so we should trust the process.

But he has a huge fat baldy head tees...

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Are we seriously going to replace Klopp with Ten Hag light?

Fuck me
    The cupboard's bare.

Once Xabi decided to stay at Leverkusen and Germany locked up Nagelsmann for another 2 years with an extension, it probably came down to De Zerbi and Amorim, and given the latter poised to have talks with the Hammers to replace Moysie, and no chatter on the grapevine over De Zerbi in recent days, I can only surmise that neither of them impressed the FSG folks enough to want to pursue them any further.

I'm a bit surprised that no one's made any mention of the club looking into the likes of Xavi who's leaving Barca, or Tuchel, who seems potentially headed into another Champions League final (.....if he can sort out that small matter of knocking out the 15 time winners) and has Premier league experience.

I can't say I'm surprised that they would be in for a relatively unknown young-ish fella from another league.
    It seems to fit their profile.

But like I said, the cupboard's bare - and unlike in times before, there's competition for any actual high-profile candidates, with two other European giants in the hunt for replacements themselves.

Not a great time for fans.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I am betting this is along the lines of them realising that nobody with much to lose will take the huge risk in following Klopp

In fairness - it's a huge task

A talented & ambitious manager would look at our squad & team attributes & be looking to improve in what’s already there

According to the BBC the attacking style of Slot, who is also thought to be interesting Barcelona and Bayern Munich, and his ability to develop players are believed to appeal to Liverpool.