Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778081828384858687888990919293 LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Fàilte Mr Slot.

Nae a single person oan this forum kens a thing aboot ye. A'm sure ye'll hae thair full support. 'Til ye lose a couple o' games that is. Then it wull be back tae th' usual glory hunting moanin'.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Well, I like a lot of what he does which is lot of what we did in different seasons with Jurgen combined into one in many ways, if he can get that into most of our current players & whoever comes in & deliver that at top Premier League level it does have great potential for there to be some very exciting times ahead

Need to make sure he’s well looked after & supported by the best possible staff to suit our needs by his arrival

Be great to get priority signings done early, not always easy when there’s a Euro’s or World Cup on though & some clubs like to hold something in reserve in case a player really steps up a level or two in a tournament, I think if you’re very thorough, you know anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, I like a lot of what he does which is lot of what we did in different seasons with Jurgen combined into one in many ways, if he can get that into most of our current players & whoever comes in & deliver that at top Premier League level it does have great potential for there to be some very exciting times ahead

Need to make sure he’s well looked after & supported by the best possible staff to suit our needs by his arrival

Be great to get priority signings done early, not always easy when there’s a Euro’s or World Cup on though & some clubs like to hold something in reserve in case a player really steps up a level or two in a tournament, I think if you’re very thorough, you know anyway
    From what I'm reading (haven't watched anything) Slot likes to build up play from midfield. He doesn't use long diagonal balls. Those are 2 aspects you were saying you dislike under klopp currently.

So what it is about Slots play you do like? I'm asking as I said, I haven't watched anything.

“The protocol is that the Curator handles the material.”

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    From what I'm reading (haven't watched anything) Slot likes to build up play from midfield. He doesn't use long diagonal balls. Those are 2 aspects you were saying you dislike under klopp currently.
    General consensus amongst analysts seems to be -

- Similar to a Klopp side without the ball
    - Closer to a Pep side than a Klopp side with the ball
    - A lot of through-balls
    - Transfer the ball from the back to the forwards very quickly, picking key moments well
    - Long balls at a minimum
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    General consensus amongst analysts seems to be -

- Similar to a Klopp side without the ball
    - Closer to a Pep side than a Klopp side with the ball
    - A lot of through-balls
    - Transfer the ball from the back to the forwards very quickly, picking key moments well
    - Long balls at a minimum
    Yes, that's what I'm getting from the articles that I'm reading. Hence I'm a bit surprised that 19x was saying he likes a lot of what Arne does. I thought he was more of a fan of the long diagonal and less of the passing building up play. So just wondered what else he saw.

So what it is about Slots play you do like? I'm asking as I said, I haven't watched anything.
    They do use the long diagonals & balls over the top in games [b]when it’s the right ball, when it’s on” I know this as I’ve had a look at a few of their players & these types of passes along with the others I wanted to be added for short through balls to release players using good drilled & practices movements

I dislike the absence of it in our game for all the reasons I’ve pre piously mentioned, as I believe as I have seen in Slot’s game, developing a shorter passing game doesn’t mean throwing other things that work out or discounting them entirely

“It’s not about the long ball or the short ball, it’s about the right ball”

We waste loads of opportunities to create through the obsession with playing it short all the time & players hide in that short game, racking up their number of passes & percentages never taking responsibility, duping the stats like Borrell

Yes, that's what I'm getting from the articles that I'm reading. Hence I'm a bit surprised that 19x was saying he likes a lot of what Arne does. I thought he was more of a fan of the long diagonal and less of the passing building up play. So just wondered what else he saw.
    I’m a do all those things person, always have been

“It’s not about playing the long ball or the short ball, it’s about playing the right ball”

My moto ever since I heard it, simple, beautiful, classic and accurate

Gie it a few weeks intae th' new seezin whin we've lost a gam. Then it wull be back tae th' same ol' shite. Lack o' continuity that th' nutjob wanted, or whitevur moan he feels lik' oan ony given day.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They do use the long diagonals & balls over the top in games [b]when it’s the right ball, when it’s on” I know this as I’ve had a look at a few of their players & these types of passes along with the others I wanted to be added for short through balls to release players using good drilled & practices movements

I dislike the absence of it in our game for all the reasons I’ve pre piously mentioned, as I believe as I have seen in Slot’s game, developing a shorter passing game doesn’t mean throwing other things that work out or discounting them entirely

“It’s not about the long ball or the short ball, it’s about the right ball”

We waste loads of opportunities to create through the obsession with playing it short all the time & players hide in that short game, racking up their number of passes & percentages never taking responsibility, duping the stats like Borrell
    I havent watched any video but the articles and stats say his teams use the long diagonal ball less than most in Europe.

I think sids description is close to what it is.
    Without the ball it's like klopp, with the ball it's a bit like pep.

Gonna be an interesting few months after May is done.