Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Thought I’d put this here too

Not criticising, I suppose we all just have a connection to Xabi but … everyone is saying stuff like De Zerbi hasn’t really done anything, flash in the pan etc

What has Naglesman done apart from win the Bundesliga

And yet, we’re all clamouring for Xabi and his half a good season in Germany

There really isn’t a stand out candidate at all, whoever we bring in unless it’s Pep after City get relegated, it’ll be a massive risk

And no I wouldn’t want Pep but he’s the only one who be absolutely guaranteed to win things

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Thought I’d put this here too

Not criticising, I suppose we all just have a connection to Xabi but … everyone is saying stuff like De Zerbi hasn’t really done anything, flash in the pan etc

What has Naglesman done apart from win the Bundesliga

And yet, we’re all clamouring for Xabi and his half a good season in Germany

There really isn’t a stand out candidate at all, whoever we bring in unless it’s Pep after City get relegated, it’ll be a massive risk

And no I wouldn’t want Pep but he’s the only one who be absolutely guaranteed to win things

....with billions of state-funded/oil-backed moneys or in a watered-down 1 team league.

You have to finish the thought.

Give Pep De Zerbi's budget and players, resources and system (i.e. limitations), and you think he has the same levels of success as he's had elsewhere?

At least Klopp had won the Bundesliga against the much-fancied and better resourced traditional giants in Bayern (with a fraction of the budget and resources available to him) before he joined us, and you could say ditto for Benitez with Valencia in LA Liga against Real and Barca too.

And in my mind, that's part of the attraction with Xabi right now.
    He's currently doing more with less against a better funded team.

Which is the minimum that any prospective successor to Klopp will have to expect here going againts the City's and the Spurs and the Mancs.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Yes but he would be inheriting the second best squad (after City get relegated) in world football without Klopp to stop him.

A point I had already made, the thought was complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fuck well might be my last season for definite now I just can’t imagine us without Jurgen

He’s one of a kind I imagine it’s going to be like it was with a couple of the bands and other things I did, it’s not just about you doing a great job, you live it & everyone somehow connects with you & you hold them all in your head & keep them all happy & productive & help them reach their best levels as people and in what they do while also being the groups stand up funny man

He made football like being on tour for me, there was so much of me & how it was it made a lot of things that had made things go very wrong alright, it’s the first time in my life I’d every experienced someone else being that guy & he just made me happy when I otherwise couldn’t have been, right when I needed it most
    I've seen a number of people say something similar. Klopp definitely had a huge impact on fans. He really was the perfect manager for LFC.

The reality is most of us will carry on next season no matter who is in charge. It comes with supporting the club.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    19x will be acting as an advisor to the club to make sure whoever comes in can dish out the severe bummings he demands.

Seriously though, I can’t think of who’s next.
    19 gets my vote! 🤩

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Well, quite. None are inspiring. I stopped when I got to Solskjaer ffs. And Potter is a cautionary tale like Villas Boas.

The bookies choice, in order of favouritism:
    Xabi Alonso
    Roberto De Zerbi
    Pep Lijnders
    Steven Gerrard
    Julin Nagelsmann
    Luis Enrique
    Ange Postecoglou
    Zinedine Zidane
    The day before the announcement...I noted that there seemed to be a lot of comments from pep linders....in the news feeds over the last few months....I actually thought he seems like he is stepping up to the plate for Klopps eventual departure.......
    Can't believe eventual turned into the next day..

Even that new sporting director is leaving......this is a truly sad and scary time.....

Hey you never know he might be back in a year.

Only if the replacement has been a complete disaster and even then, I imagine the Germany job beckons.

This is a seismic shift for LFC, everything and I mean everything we have right now as a Club has Jurgens fingerprints all over it, the respect we now have in World football on and off the pitch, the past and current squad, the coaching and backroom staff, our stadium and new training ground and last but not least the fabulous memories has all been achieved on the back of Jurgens magnificent management…

He is the perfect embodiment of what an LFC manager should be, he is and has been as close to perfection as we could have ever hoped for… I salute you Jurgen because you have made everyone happy, the club and Liverpool the City we will forever be in your debt…. “ We are so glad….. “

I wish you, Ulla and all your family, from the bottom of my heart all the love, happiness and good health in the world , you so deserve it… let’s just make these last few months together truly unforgettable …” BOOM !!! “

YNWA..

Has anyone watched Leverkusen much under Xabi?
    What type of football do they play?

5:30 this evening on Sky for anyone interested