Page 38 of 92 FirstFirst ... 283132333435363738394041424344454888 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'll be shocked if it happens, and someone should be sacked if he gets it.
    Sacked? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I can see you points but the Prem has been a one horse race for 6/7 seasons. Likely 7/8 by the end of this one too. Most top leagues are nowadays.
    It's not like he's going from a underdog type club to one big offer though. There's allegedly two big clubs chasing him, two of the biggest and while we'd obviously cast favour on LFC there's lots of fans who would put forward a valid case for Bayern.
    There's also the following of arguably our greatest manager since Shankly. Whoever takes it knows they're not coming close to that.
    If he was being offered the Man City job maybe, but the challenge of knocking City of their perch with his old club Liverpool, as opposed to managing the German version of Man City, imho has more of an appeal, especially through my red tinted glasses 🤪🤣

Pep Lijnders is the best appointment.
    Off the radar maybe but look at the work he has achieved with us off the radar
    And the support team too
    It would be great for continuity

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    If he was being offered the Man City job maybe, but the challenge of knocking City of their perch with his old club Liverpool, as opposed to managing the German version of Man City, imho has more of an appeal, especially through my red tinted glasses 🤪🤣
    To be fair as much as I don't like Bayern they're a well run club who've more than earned their seat at the top table.
    Not like that pack of no-marks. The naffest club in football.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Pep Lijnders is the best appointment.
    Off the radar maybe but look at the work he has achieved with us off the radar
    And the support team too
    It would be great for continuity
    I wouldn't have any problem at all if he were to be given the job. Like you say continuity.

I wouldn't have any problem at all if he were to be given the job. Like you say continuity.
    Say yep to pep!

To be fair as much as I don't like Bayern they're a well run club who've more than earned their seat at the top table.
    Not like that pack of no-marks. The naffest club in football.
    My bad, listen I wasnt comparing Bayern Munich the club with Man City, but I was referring more to their level of dominance and superiority that they both enjoy, surely for you to grow and develop into a diamond you need to work under the intense pressure of expectation against all the odds, rather than the more comfortable environment of clearly inheriting the best team in the league… be that in Germany, Spain or the UK….

Surely it's got to be Zeljko Buvac. The brains behind Klopp. Where is he now?

Pep & the current back room staff or De Zerbi

I don’t want Alonso as aside from Wengers first season at Arsenal when he was still at Grampus no-one’s won our league playing a back 3 & City had to ditch Alonso’s passing game style and mix it up more and improve in the press and counter press to keep winning and they played it at a fester pace in a better league

We have a team & squad of players and some great youth players whose talents and abilities have all been honed and developed to playing a way that can win this league who all still have a lot of developing we can do so for me it HAS to be continuity of that

Don't get the hype around De Zerbi, not for me.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.