Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445464989 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

It's almost as if Lijnders hasn't announced he's leaving.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Don't get the hype around De Zerbi, not for me.
    Brighton are a good watch so could tick the entertainment box and their League position tends to exceed what you'd expect from their budget - so someone may be thinking of applying that principle, but scaling it up a bit (more funds here) and seeing where he can go.

Isn't my first pick, but in terms of any hype around him, the above is largely why.

Maybe the Italian Liverpool curse only applies to players....?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Don't get the hype around De Zerbi, not for me.
    Brilliant with young players and getting more out of players look at Calceido whereas my man Mac is doing what he did for Brighton for us with better players around him, I wouldn’t honestly say he’s gone up a level he’s just a top quality player with more to play with and off

Plays our system with all the tweaks we use already

Tries to win games & attacks to do it when other managers play safe

The only other manager I’ve seen who would have made the subs Jurgen did yesterday and put his faith in those young lads and given them confidence

He also lost 4-0 to luton

tactical flaws, been a few games like that with brighton

can't just blame the players.

Not really had enough experience for me either, not at a top club at least and not much in his career in general yes you can say about xabi but he's done wonders for Leverkusen, in a top quality league, and noone expected leverkusen to even challenge.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 26th February 2024 at 09:31 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Surely it's got to be Zeljko Buvac. The brains behind Klopp. Where is he now?
    When Klopp walked up for his medal yesterday he was stopped by someone who looked like Buvac. I thought it was him at first.

The style Alonso plays would not work in the Prem or with our players, it’d be like when Hodgson asked Mascherano not to press the ball but to stay passive in an area until a player became active there

What Alonso is doing at Leverkusen works because the German league is slower & it isn’t crammed full of teams who are all better at pressing or setting up a low of middle block to counter on passing sides than the German leagues best pressing side

City had to ditch what was a much better version of what Alonso does after 19-20

Alonso is definitely tweaking/evolving as he goes to be fair.

This read may or may not be up your street in that regard -

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/xabi-alonso-bayer-leverkusen-liverpool/#:~:text=The%203%2D4%2D3%20formation&text=His%20So ciedad%20B%20progressed%20the,the%20wide%20attacke r%20(below).

Sacha is usually one of the more reliable ones, so it will be interesting to see what happens here.

@sachatavolieri

🇪🇸 Xabi Alonso more and more close to Liverpool FC…. The Spanish coach has made clear his mind after several talks between his entourage & #LFC board.
    Even if #FCBayern’s pushing, it seems less likely that the trainer of #Bayer04 will continue one more year in #Bundesliga !
    ⏳Wait&See… #B04 #mercato

Please be so…

Ajax director of football Marijn Beuker is ‘in close contact’ with Liverpool assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders as they’re looking for a new manager or ‘vice manager’ to take over Ajax next season alongside possibly Frank de Boer. [@Telegraaf]