Page 43 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3336373839404142434445464748495053 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Sentiment shouldn't come into sport. we aren't here to give people free rides
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I read that. Surely had a blast of glue before that interview.
    Haha! It looked that way from the photo of him that they used!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Harry Redknapp: “I’m going to say somebody and people are going to think that I’m off my head, but I would give it to Steven Gerrard."
    Yeah, that is an "absolutely fucking not" of a suggestion.

I think I'm probably the only one on her that would give Stevie a go! But I am an old romantic...

The heart says I would love Stevie to have a go too - but would be soo scared that it could ruin him and his legacy. The pressure on him as manager here - off the scale. The piss taking by rivals at the slightest slip up. He loves the club almost too much.

Aston Villa Aston Villa
    Manager 21/22 (Nov 11, 2021) 22/23 (Oct 20, 2022) 40 1.18

Get him in, 1.18 pts average last time he was in the prem.

He's the man we need to take us to further glory, Klopp who.

7th in the saudi league with a kinda good team for the saudi league........

not going to happen anyway, but lol. Rooney/Lampard bracket i'm afraid, maybe a bit better, loving the money that he didn't get at chelsea, being a manager over there no doubt.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Gerrard is not very tactically aware.., take the game Villa were 2 up on the final game of the season.. Pep changed something and got back into the game. Gerrard did nothing,. he should have seen the sub changes and did one of his own and closed down the players that were sent on.. But he just sat back and did nothing. and they ended up costing us the league on the final day. and secondly he comes across as a tad arrogant. without an hair out of place..

hes probably the best attacking midfielder we've ever had. (cant speak for teams in the 60s and 70s) but theres nothing wrong with me saying, i don't think he will ever make a good manager and i don't want to see him at out club to prove that.

Alonso should be our first choice. he doesn't wanna come then thats him as well. we'll just find someone else who can do the job
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Aston Villa Aston Villa
    Manager 21/22 (Nov 11, 2021) 22/23 (Oct 20, 2022) 40 1.18

Get him in, 1.18 pts average last time he was in the prem.
    If I remember correctly that's almost exactly the same sort of win ratio as Gary Neville at Valencia.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I think I'm probably the only one on her that would give Stevie a go! But I am an old romantic...
    That's pure romanticism Jozza, nothing wrong with that thought. There would be nothing better as an LFC fan to see Steven Gerrard come in and absolutely dominate. We'd all love that but in reality we know it's pure fantasy, there's nothing at all to suggest it could happen unfortunately.

Some players just don't make top managers, some are ok, some just make a big mistake to try being a manager
    some actually are good.. Neville being one big mistake that is , I'm not sure who will take rooney on..... but the thing is, jobs will come up due to the name of said managers...... like Birmingham did with rooney.. that went splendid.

Maybe they'd be better off managing smaller clubs and working way up the ladder... instead of thinking they can manage in top flight just because they're a ex-footballer, some cases it does happen as we all know, but most of the time, it's way above them.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.