Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You'd think he will have been asked but maybe he's turned down the chance and wants to take in something with less pressure.
    If he took it and it didn't work out his stock takes a hit and it can be damaging. The likes of Gerrard and Lampard took big jobs early with varying results.
    I'd personally like to have seen him given a chance for continuity purposes.
    I can't help but think of the word 'limp' when I read the name Ljinders. Is it the letter arrangement OR the "personality" he displays? He's worked so well with Jurgen and looks like a great man to have as backup - but I feel like it's all a bit McClaren-esque - like he'd drop a big number 2 (scoff) when aiming for a number 1.

Of course, Hughes has his own interest in Italy, having grown up in the country and started his playing career in the academy at Atalanta. His love of Serie A football led to many discussions with Edwards regarding Alisson Becker and Mohamed Salah long before their moves to Merseyside with Liverpool’s new sporting director inadvertently playing a small role in their transfers as a result.

Meanwhile, Hughes is said to be a big fan of De Zerbi and even tried to appoint him as Bournemouth manager in August 2022 following the sacking of Scott Parker. If not for an ownership change, Hughes would have got his man, having been left suitably impressed by what he had seen during the 44-year-old’s time with Sassuolo.

I keep changing my mind every five minutes about who I would like to see as our next manager.
    The Pep Lijnders situation is a strange one. There are some obvious advantages to appointing him. A smooth transition. Continuity in style of play. He has great relationships with all those young lads who are on the verge of the first team. And rumour has it that most of the senior squad would like it to be Lijnders. Has he not been offered it?, he doesn't want it?
    Amorim looks good on paper, preferable to De Zerbi in my opinion. It would mean playing three at the back. Which might suit us better with Robbo and Trent flying forward.Of course Amorim is an unknown quantity in the high intensity Premier League.

It’s going to be De Zerbi I don’t get how you can’t see the similarities in how he has his sides plays and that there are elements they do much better then us especially considering the lesser ability of their personnel

I think he will play as we play now as he’ll have thr players to play front foot pressing
    which he already does in spells with Brighton & is strong at setting the press differently tactically for different games

I think he can improve a few of our players & our playing out from the back & further forward to release players better through both

a very good fit in my view could do with adding a Portugeezer or two to his back room staff

na its gonna be Tan Dan Haag TAan tin

leaving utd to take us to glory

Ruben Amorim or him, pretty much nailed on i'd say 2 horse race.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It’s going to be De Zerbi I don’t get how you can’t see the similarities in how he has his sides plays and that there are elements they do much better then us especially considering the lesser ability of their personnel

I think he will play as we play now as he’ll have thr players to play front foot pressing
    which he already does in spells with Brighton & is strong at setting the press differently tactically for different games

I think he can improve a few of our players & our playing out from the back & further forward to release players better through both

a very good fit in my view could do with adding a Portugeezer or two to his back room staff
    I was againt the appointment of DE Zerbi because ppl won't give him a chance alla Porter, Rodgers as he hasn't won anything or managed at a big club.

But this week i was thinking if he can get those players to play such confident in your face, tactically aware organisation's, how much more would/could he with a stronger cheque book. Also the amount of young players he gives a chance to, means he believes I his system as well as his players.

The Liverpool job is massive, so he would need to get going quickly as people won't give him time, if we win either the league or Europa that means he will immediately play for some sort of silverware though not significant trophies mire ore season type but it will help immediately that he has won something.

Any Manager coming in I taking over a group that wins lots of games knowing high tempo defense and control of the ball. So it is imperative the next Manager mustn't be low block bore.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I keep changing my mind every five minutes about who I would like to see as our next manager.
    The Pep Lijnders situation is a strange one. There are some obvious advantages to appointing him. A smooth transition. Continuity in style of play. He has great relationships with all those young lads who are on the verge of the first team. And rumour has it that most of the senior squad would like it to be Lijnders. Has he not been offered it?, he doesn't want it?
    Amorim looks good on paper, preferable to De Zerbi in my opinion. It would mean playing three at the back. Which might suit us better with Robbo and Trent flying forward.Of course Amorim is an unknown quantity in the high intensity Premier League.
    I was also looking today to Pep and saying wow this is a job he should have taken, if it was offered to him. He has no cv but as soon as he leaves he will then ve judged as a young upcoming. He seems to be involved a lot more on the touchline and obviously the current squad must be seeing his contribution so he has their respect. Sometimes when a door like this oorns well. But might not have been offered.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    I was againt the appointment of DE Zerbi because ppl won't give him a chance alla Porter, Rodgers as he hasn't won anything or managed at a big club.

But this week i was thinking if he can get those players to play such confident in your face, tactically aware organisation's, how much more would/could he with a stronger cheque book. Also the amount of young players he gives a chance to, means he believes I his system as well as his players.

The Liverpool job is massive, so he would need to get going quickly as people won't give him time, if we win either the league or Europa that means he will immediately play for some sort of silverware though not significant trophies mire ore season type but it will help immediately that he has won something.

Any Manager coming in I taking over a group that wins lots of games knowing high tempo defense and control of the ball. So it is imperative the next Manager mustn't be low block bore.
    I think you're right.
    Most of the people linked are obviously with teams who are playing well,playing good football in their own way.
    Whoever gets the job has a tremendous squad and whilst it might take them time to get them playing exactly how they want it's a far easier task than rebuilding a team like Klopp had to do it taking over from someone who's been given the boot like numerous Utd and Chelsea managers have over the years. I'm not especially worried about whoever gets the job.
    We can enjoy what's left of JK's time and sweat on it later if we need to.

Well, Correio da Manhã seem to think it's very likely that Amorim joins us, but I think (?) that paper is roughly the equivalent to something like the Daily Mail here, so, pinch of salt.

Oh and for anyone wondering - yes, he speaks English.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay