Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

"My information is that it's incredibly unlikely LFC will move for Roberto De Zerbi, im told that's not going to happen"

[@David_Ornstein] - (from his podcast)

Even though Richard Hughes tried to get him to go to Bournemouth

Mibbie Hughes has different expectations fur Liverpool than Bournemouth? Let's hawp sae anyway.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Good piece on Amorim. Far from just a love in, he points out one or two possible issues despite his excellent record in Portugal.
    He hasn’t managed outside that country and his Champions League record of 12 wins and 13 defeats isn’t pulling up any trees.
    But … he doesn’t have a stellar squad to compete at elite level so take from that what you will.

Biggest concern for me is his rigid 3-4-3 style of play. Our players are not used to playing with 3 CB’s and a double pivot, nor has our squad been built with that formation in mind.

He’s obviously a very talented manager but looking at some of the negatives raised by the piece above, it’s wouldn’t be a straightforward transition.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Good piece on Amorim. Far from just a love in, he points out one or two possible issues despite his excellent record in Portugal.
    He hasn’t managed outside that country and his Champions League record of 12 wins and 13 defeats isn’t pulling up any trees.
    But … he doesn’t have a stellar squad to compete at elite level so take from that what you will.

Biggest concern for me is his rigid 3-4-3 style of play. Our players are not used to playing with 3 CB’s and a double pivot, nor has our squad been built with that formation in mind.

He’s obviously a very talented manager but looking at some of the negatives raised by the piece above, it’s wouldn’t be a straightforward transition.
    Because of the full backs we have I wonder if he'd possibly change that style? We have two of the best in the world,I'm sure it could be adapted for a three at the back system. Might work really well.
    We'd certainly need a new left footed CB if it was going to be a permanent three. Could possibly be a moot point but says there that Virgil has stated before he doesn't like playing in a there.
    Anyone know if Ignacio is a left footed CB?
    Last edited by teesred; 2nd April 2024 at 12:01 PM.

Think we'd need a left-footed centre half but I think we'd be ok playing 3-4-3 as a shape. But Sporting dont press high, so there would quite a bit to change tactically. And a big problem is (as mentioned in the article) is we have a load of box-to-box type midfielders. Szobo, Jones, Gravenberch and Elliot would all struggle in the system.

Ali
    Konate - VVD - Gomez
    TTA - Mac Allister - Endo - Robbo
    Salah - Nunez - Diaz
    My issue with Amorim is the league he's coming from. It's a 3 horse race. So if you are one of the 3, you only need to improve a little bit to compete. It's the same as Holland or Scotland.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

We have a squad challenging for the title who’d be well ahead if officials weren’t bent as fuck that really doesn’t suit 3 at the back

We NEED a continuity & evolution candidate not a rip it ion& start again one

So what's the story with Alonso ?

Has he signed a contract extension with leverkussen after he signed up for Bayern Munchen ?

As best I can tell he's not signed up recently with either club.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We have a squad challenging for the title who’d be well ahead if officials weren’t bent as fuck that really doesn’t suit 3 at the back

We NEED a continuity & evolution candidate not a rip it ion& start again one
    Thare isnae a continuity candidate.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.