Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And to clarify - ‘the template’ I am referring to is not the style of play - but the holy trinity.

The Manager the Players and the Fans… working in unison.

That was essentially put in place by the great man Shankly. That is what was lost - what got broken after Kenny resigned…

..that is what Jurgen Klopp brought back to the club.

IF the incoming manager is able to keep that continuity as Paisley did - different persona though he was - then we are fine. If it gets lost or broken - we are looking at United but without their resources.
    Absobloodyexactly. I think it was regained under GH and Rafa,Klopp took it up a good few notches but in-between those is where it was lost in my opinion. Some managers just didn't have the bond or tried to change too much,also the HnG ownership had a massive effect.
    Xabi Alonso knows the club and the bond between the fans, he's always loved the club so if he has the managerial nouse then it could be seamless in many ways.
    Sid went through all the managers he's worked under. It's a wealth of experience to draw upon. I think he's nailed on for it if he wants the job unless there's a real left-field guy who gets picked.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Ya I wasn't serious about him. I wouldnt want him near us. Good timing for some conspiracies though. Maybe klopp going to barca instead of Madrid?
    Barca seems more Klopp like if that makes sense?
    He doesn't fit with Real in my opinion the same as he didn't fit with Utd. They're essentially the Utd of Spain.
    I'd be really upset if he managed them.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Barca seems more Klopp like if that makes sense?
    He doesn't fit with Real in my opinion the same as he didn't fit with Utd. They're essentially the Utd of Spain.
    I'd be really upset if he managed them.
    Ya I'd agree. Barca seems more of a fit than Madrid. But even then, barca doesn't seem like a club for him either.

I don't want Jurgen to be anyone else's manager but ours i could settle for him taking the Germany job.. But managing another team like Barca or even going back to Dortmund.. I don't wanna see it. because hes our manager if you know what i mean?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

He said in the past he doubted he would ever manage in Spain because his Spanish is almost nil, despite all those Spanish and Portuguese players in our squad.

I don’t see him going to Real, it’s not his style. So he goes there and wins everything… so what, it’s Real, it’s what everyone expects.

In the other hand if he doesn’t win leagues and champions leagues then he’s failed.

Where’s the win??

Naah don’t see it.

Year off then Germany

It should stay there as well. I don't bother with the athletic.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    It should stay there as well. I don't bother with the athletic.
    Good for you