Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

Your team v Chelsea

Well, here we are once again - a familiar adversary and a warm-up for what will undoubtedly be a closely congested League Cup Final - because it wouldn't be a Liverpool Final without drama.

A comfortable win over Norwich in the end despite the concession of two goals - Alisson will likely be hungry for a clean sheet against Chelsea.

What a wonderful site to see Robertson, Trent and Szoboszlai on the pitch again.

As the season progresses, we will need to find something close to a starting XI again whilst also making sensible use of the 5 subs to keep everyone as fresh as possible. Klopp, as ever, utilised the bench incredibly well in the Norwich fixture.

I'd like to get us out at what would (arguably) be our strongest XI and make subs as necessary - this match and the upcoming away game against Arsenal will be no joke, so hopefully we can get the business done and utilise the bench.

.........................Alisson

Trent..........Konate....Van Dijk....Robertson

.....................Mac Allister

..............Szoboszlai.........Jones

........Diaz.........Jota.........Núñez

People may notice the absence of Bradley and in particular Gomez - make no mistake, I am not "dropping" Gomez and want to see him used throughout the season on a regular basis as he has been brilliant - but a game or two missed or arriving from the bench rather than starting will do no harm for when the fixture list gets incredibly congested again and we can likely spare it now that lads are coming back.

With luck we can find ourselves in a position to bring certain lads off early. Núñez had many minutes in the legs so I hope there is a match or two on the Horizon where he doesn't start, purely for freshness.

Our first League game since learning that Klopp will be leaving, plus it's at Anfield - so let's make damn sure we get the result ahead of that Arsenal tie. Arteta will know that the Emirates match is possibly his main chance to get right into the title race versus drifting into a Top Four scrap so they will bring everything - we need to enter that game on a high and what better way than by dispatching Chelsea?

Onwards Redmen!!!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Only question I have on that line up Sid is at LB, not sure Robbo will come straight back in after such a long lay off. Gomez will start I think

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Only question I have on that line up Sid is at LB, not sure Robbo will come straight back in after such a long lay off. Gomez will start I think
    I actually think there is a pretty high chance that Robertson won't start.

Ideally we would do a 60/30 rotation (in terms of minutes) and I wouldn't particularly mind who had the bigger share - if I were the Manager I would start Robertson and bring him off, but I am sure I'll be perfectly happy with what Klopp roots for.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well, here we are once again - a familiar adversary and a warm-up for what will undoubtedly be a closely congested League Cup Final - because it wouldn't be a Liverpool Final without drama.

A comfortable win over Norwich in the end despite the concession of two goals - Alisson will likely be hungry for a clean sheet against Chelsea.

What a wonderful site to see Robertson, Trent and Szoboszlai on the pitch again.

As the season progresses, we will need to find something close to a starting XI again whilst also making sensible use of the 5 subs to keep everyone as fresh as possible. Klopp, as ever, utilised the bench incredibly well in the Norwich fixture.

I'd like to get us out at what would (arguably) be our strongest XI and make subs as necessary - this match and the upcoming away game against Arsenal will be no joke, so hopefully we can get the business done and utilise the bench.

.........................Alisson

Trent..........Konate....Van Dijk....Robertson

.....................Mac Allister

..............Szoboszlai.........Jones

........Diaz.........Jota.........Núñez

People may notice the absence of Bradley and in particular Gomez - make no mistake, I am not "dropping" Gomez and want to see him used throughout the season on a regular basis as he has been brilliant - but a game or two missed or arriving from the bench rather than starting will do no harm for when the fixture list gets incredibly congested again and we can likely spare it now that lads are coming back.

With luck we can find ourselves in a position to bring certain lads off early. Núñez had many minutes in the legs so I hope there is a match or two on the Horizon where he doesn't start, purely for freshness.

Our first League game since learning that Klopp will be leaving, plus it's at Anfield - so let's make damn sure we get the result ahead of that Arsenal tie. Arteta will know that the Emirates match is possibly his main chance to get right into the title race versus drifting into a Top Four scrap so they will bring everything - we need to enter that game on a high and what better way than by dispatching Chelsea?

Onwards Redmen!!!
    I like this line up
    And I agree with you , Gomez has been brilliant and played a lot of games lately , give him a rest , start robbo

I'd be very surprised if Robbo is brought back in just yet.

As I mentioned in previous thread, of all the players in Klopp's best team over the last 5 years Robertson has been my favourite.

However, Gomez's form has been so good, that I think he's in on merit.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

And the emergance of Quansah and Bradley means the neccessity to go a fork out a wedge for a new Right Back or Centre Half has dropped significantly.

We still need to be on the lookout for quality players as and when they are availble, and we will need a replacemnt for VVD and Robbo\Tsimi in the coming years but I think we're covered pretty well at the back, and this is assuming Matip will be released at the end of the season.

TAA
    Bradley
    VVD
    Konate
    Quansah
    Gomez
    Robbo
    Tsimikas

It gives us a lot of wiggle room in the summer to do a lot of things.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    And the emergance of Quansah and Bradley means the neccessity to go a fork out a wedge for a new Right Back or Centre Half has dropped significantly.

We still need to be on the lookout for quality players as and when they are availble, and we will need a replacemnt for VVD and Robbo\Tsimi in the coming years but I think we're covered pretty well at the back, and this is assuming Matip will be released at the end of the season.

TAA
    Bradley
    VVD
    Konate
    Quansah
    Gomez
    Robbo
    Tsimikas

It gives us a lot of wiggle room in the summer to do a lot of things.
    If you go back a few months there was huge talk about needing a couple of players specifically in defense when this transfer window opens , Bradley and quansah have come in and done amazing , specifically Bradley , when you break his game down and look at how he defends and goes forward he has the ability to be an elite right back .

I think its likely Elliot will start on Weds evening. he didnt even get minutes yesterday.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Gomez

Szloboslai Mac Allister Jones

Diaz Jota Nunez

No fucking about like last seasons 2 games we drew when all & sundry were beating them just get the bastards beaten

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Gomez

Szloboslai Mac Allister Jones

Diaz Jota Nunez

No fucking about like last seasons 2 games we drew when all & sundry were beating them just get the bastards beaten
    My team as well