Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Robbo is brought back in just yet.

Gomez's form has been so good, that I think he's in on merit.
    Gomez has been brilliant - I'm not "dropping" him so-to-speak for the Chelsea match, I'm looking at him from a rest/rotation perspective - and I'd likely be picking him for the harder (on paper) match against Arsenal - as you say, on merit. For Chelsea I would probably try to give Robertson an hour, then bring Joe on. If Klopp picks Gomez for 70 or so minutes and then Robertson comes on, I'd be fine with that, but Joe getting the smaller chunk of minutes is my preference.

Then over the course of some of the games that follow Arsenal I would probably be giving Robertson more minutes, as his willingness to get wider as Diaz cuts in really helps that side of the pitch - this in turn would free up Gomez for rotation with Trent or one of the centre-backs as we need to keep them fresh too. Gomez has been good enough that I would happily see a Gomez+Konate, Gomez+Van Dijk or even Gomez+Quansah partnership for certain matches - there will be moments where Konate or Van Dijk should be able to get rested to ensure they are available for the League Cup Final, the Man City match, quarter-finals of the Europa League etc and Joe's availability could really help that. We only need to look at our varying deployment of Milner to see what an asset a utility player can be.

If we go deep in all Tournaments we are definitely going to need Gomez - this is the best he has played since the title-winning season. I want him to get minutes as often as possible (and we can do it a lot with the 5 subs rule) but I'm very keen not to burn him out at any stage - and he has featured a lot for a lad with an injury history.

Klopp has opted for Bradley and Gomez.

Alisson

Bradley Konate Van Dijk Gomez

Szloboslai Mac Allister Jones

Jota Nunez Diaz

It is Come thr FUCK on Liverpool get the win here tonight

Hate playing this lot. We can but hope.