Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Arsenal

And we have to remember Jurgen knew what was going on and still had the belief Conor could give 100%. Both have shown huge courage these past couple of weeks dealing with this. He's done his dad proud, and that goal the other night was written in the stars.

Apparently Suzbo hasn't travelled to the big Smoke but Darwin and (wait for it) Thaigo has.

I wonder who will get the nod in midfield? Macca, Jones and one more? Im undecided on Gravenberch and Elliot.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I wonder who will get the nod in midfield? Macca, Jones and one more? Im undecided on Gravenberch and Elliot.
    Elliott gets through more work without the ball than Gravenberch, so I'd imagine he will get the nod.

If Thiago gets the last 20 or so minutes (ideally we have a lead) then happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Or, ......given how well Bradley is playing at the moment and just how well he locked down Martinelli in the FA Cup tie, could this be the game where Klopp finally gives a certain Scouser* ( not Jones) his first full game run in that midfield?

(* a certain Scouser, I might add who played well when moved forward into that midfield role in that same FA Cup game against the Arse)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Poor Conor. Awful for the lad. I hope he gets the support that he’s going to need. Very hard to imagine him playing football any time soon
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Poor Conor. Awful for the lad. I hope he gets the support that he’s going to need. Very hard to imagine him playing football any time soon
    Dreadful for him, absolutely dreadful.

As to the football - it's hard to know. People have very diverse coping mechanisms. He may find it easier to invest himself more fully into his sporting profession to distract from the initial rawness of the emotional hit.

Main concern for me is him getting the support he needs from family and friends - and when it comes to footballing staff, squad members, fans etc I can hardly think of a better club to be affiliated with. It can border on a cliche sound bite at times, but he won't walk alone.

okay then,.....scratch my previous comment.
    I wrote that before we got the dreadful news.

He's going to need to be with his family at this time, so I don't imagine him featuring for the club either in this game or in the upcoming matches.
    It's tough to lose a parent that young, and I hope both he and his family will find comfort in each other and support from everyone else around them, including from the club.

Now the lads have another reason to go get that win.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

That's very sad about Connor's father. I'm also hearing that Sob and Nunez may be out. Can we not go a week without an injury?

#LFC line up v Arsenal: Alisson, TAA, Konate, VVD, Gomez; Mac Allister, Jones, Gravenberch, Diaz, Gakpo, Jota.
    Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Thiago, Nunez, Elliott, Robertson, Clark, McConnell, Quansah.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century