Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It'sssss Transfer deadline day...

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I would be surprised if Thiago ever starts another domestic game for us.
    I’m sure sick note Thiago will be fit soon before end of the season so he can sell himself.

If Thiago gets match fit - he starts. simple as that

It will be a huge bonus going into the latter part of the season if he does.
    What the hell is keeping him out? It's been some spell, is it the hip injury?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What the hell is keeping him out? It's been some spell, is it the hip injury?
    So far as I can recall he had a pretty serious/complicated hip surgery in the hope of getting down to the bottom of a recurring issue once and for all and the subsequent rehab has taken a long time.

Plus whenever Thiago passes go on the Monopoly Board he has to pick up extra months out, versus lads like Kuyt who pass go and get a reduction in injury lay-off time.

I would be devastated Mac Allister’s shown Thiago was never what we needed & a massive error that probably cost us at least another two of the games biggest prizes as did keeping Fabinho around

What Mac & Endo have shown is better than anything we ever had from either of those two

Mac’s just what I said he’d be, excellent in the press and counter press through reading it, anticipating it, great positioning and some awesome blind pressing, has Henderson’s switches from centre to left or right to release players but has the additional great balls through the lines too Still not mastered the trademark up and down ball over defences on the edge of their own area, but I think maybe playing that too frequently isn’t good for the knee or thigh

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If Thiago gets match fit - he starts. simple as that
    😂😂😂😂😂😂 “You’re a funny guy!” The gift that keeps on giving through never giving up & conceding what everyone else has long known

I cast my mind in to him not releasing players effectively & not having the quality switches required & thr conversation about Thiago & Fab having to throw themselves to ground so much because both were constantly in piss poor pressing and counter pressing positions and look at how we’re doing it near our best again now with players barely ever diving in and going to ground & well everyone can surely see it

Oh stop laughing. We all know you’ve been in a sulk and borderline silent since mr ordinary was let go - boy have we missed him by the way

Thiago has been absent for way too many games - Nobody can or would argue that point but that has nothing to do with the fact that IF he gets match fit - he will start. Klopp knows what a marathon it will be fighting on 4 fronts - and Thiago is going to be lethal if used properly, Klopp is no fool. Could have cashed in on him but didn’t.

If he gets fit (he is taking part in training sessions at present) then he will get games, though I don't think it will be many. If you asked me to commit to a number, I'd say less than 6 as that would be roughly 20% of the potential 30 or so games we could still play if we reach all Finals.

Mac Allister has been brilliant and Endo has been overall really good, so the need for Thiago is definitely reduced.

All true - the point miller makes is too though tbf. The geezers fitness record is just totally abysmal. That cannot be glossed over.

————————————————
    Few words from the gaffer and his number 2:

'When Thiago plays, we play'

August 2022
    Pep Lijnders

Jurgen Klopp declared "thank God these people don't make decisions" when asked if in-form Liverpool midfielder Thiago Alcantara had won over his doubters.

22/04/2022
    Jurgen Klopp

‘Spain has obviously a lot of options in midfield because it’s an incredibly talented football team, but in the shape he’s in at the moment he would play for each national team and would not only play for it, he would probably be the outstanding performer, so that’s how it is.’

03/05/2022
    Jurgen Klopp

According to 90Min, Klopp wants Thiago’s contract extended, but senior figures ‘are not convinced’ that he merits a new deal.

Jürgen Klopp already gave clear Thiago verdict as Liverpool 'not convinced' on contract talks
    Reports suggest Jürgen Klopp may be facing some opposition over a new contract for Thiago Alcântara, but the Liverpool boss has already made his feelings clear.

01/10/2023

It’s pretty clear that Jurgen wants him even if only for a part of the season. It stands to reason then and history shows this - that IF he is match fit - Klopp starts him.

We all know he is an injury crock. Good lord he is delicate… but he always was.

Some, like 19, may want to laugh, & use his prolonged absence to stick the boot in. But the gaffer.. who brought all this to us and who managed to get our greatest win percentage ever @ an incredible 73% over an even more unbelievable 63 games - seemingly loves Thiago…. Rightly or wrongly he tried to convince the owners to extend his contract this summer.

I am hoping to see him feature regardless. Will be needed in the really big games imo

Thiago is a Rolls Royce player when fit...

As an overall signing for Liverpool, he's a 3 out 10 10 rating...

A bad luck signing unfortunately...
    Bayern bummed us...