Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Arsenal v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Didn’t like the line up or that tactics today & we were poor as a result of both

Onwards & upwards let’s wear this as a reminder of the levels we need to be at & make sure we don’t drop below them again this season
    Me neither. I had reservations about that midfield but there wasn't much we could do with Szobo being out.
    Gravenberch will be lucky to start a game any time soon. He's was abysmal.

Today was probably the biggest clusterf'k in an important game since City at an empty Anfield in early 2021. When Alisson twice passed to oppo players and they scored.

A fit Salah could have made a difference in the type of game it was today. If you look back at 2 years ago when we finished a point behind City, that January both he and Mane were missing up to the final of the AFCON. Jota has done well as back up at times but we need to face facts that Nunez could be a big factor in costing us a PL.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    What would you have done with the lineup given the late injuries / bradley situation?

I thought maybe elliot for grav. Not a huge difference.
    Or go gomez right full and trent in the middle. Big risk in a game like this.
    Gravenberch away at the Emirates? Not for me. Looks like a player totally devoid of the quality Bayern demand. Doesn’t mean Klopp can’t get a role out of him in time, but Jurgen doesn’t have much time.

Gakpo …? Scratching for form. Many were laughing about us not needing Mo Salah. Well today v the Arse we saw the difference it can make. We had literally nothing going for us in front of goal from minute 1 to 97…

The midfield is STILL a facilitator - AND against the better sides we will need what we needed in 2019 and 2020… Oodles of mentality - a front line that’s supplied by rapier FB’s in front of a rock solid defence.

Today the defence was not rock solid and the front line wasn’t supplied by either FB - we saw the midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    A fit Salah could have made a difference in the type of game it was today. If you look back at 2 years ago when we finished a point behind City, that January both he and Mane were missing up to the final of the AFCON. Jota has done well as back up at times but we need to face facts that Nunez could be a big factor in costing us a PL.

It's worth pointing out that we never lost a game during that month when both Mane and Salah were away at the AFCON, and Salah's contribution to that second half of the season run we went on to finish a point behind City (coming from 14 points behind at the Christmas break) was minimal and not as big as people are making it up to be (he had a better first half of the season, during that season.)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Gravenberch away at the Emirates? Not for me. Looks like a player totally devoid of the quality Bayern demand. Doesn’t mean Klopp can’t get a role out of him in time, but Jurgen doesn’t have much time.

Gakpo …? Scratching for form. Many were laughing about us not needing Mo Salah. Well today v the Arse we saw the difference it can make. We had literally nothing going for us in front of goal from minute 1 to 97…

The midfield is STILL a facilitator - AND against the better sides we will need what we needed in 2019 and 2020… Oodles of mentality - a front line that’s supplied by rapier FB’s in front of a rock solid defence.

Today the defence was not rock solid and the front line wasn’t supplied by either FB - we saw the midfield
    Couldn't disagree with any of it. But what were the options?

I said elliot for grav? Maybe throw McConnell or Clark in? Very risky.

Nunez obviously wasn't fit to ay a full 90.

So our options weren't there. It's probably the strongest lineup we had give or take Gravenberch.

Or we go with Robertson at lb, gomez and trent in the middle. Again, very risky.

Absolute shite doesn't come close, though saying that we're were well in the game until Ali went full on Clown mode .
    A day to forget all round.

Arsenal were far too good for us today. Good solid shape and clear movement gave them easy precise passing.
    We had no effective shape all game, passing was inferior due to casual movement off the ball.
    I have never seen a team only play with two at the back consistently and get wins like we do, still this is Jurgens way, when it works we dominate games, and its certainly exciting.
    A midfield with Grav , Jones or Elliot , really anyone , (and against a footballing side???)
    Elliot, Jones, Grav and Gomez are just not at the level we require.
    We can only use wing backs when we dominate, not leave the two at the back exposed to the through ball.
    The reality is that Jurgen can only play the Harlem Globetrotter style and it has worked so well for us up to now (I fucking hate it because we get exposed so much with cheap giveaway goals)
    But he will continue and maybe even win trophies, so we must suck it up and continue to support them.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bredred View Post
    Arsenal were far too good for us today. Good solid shape and clear movement gave them easy precise passing.
    We had no effective shape all game, passing was inferior due to casual movement off the ball.
    I have never seen a team only play with two at the back consistently and get wins like we do, still this is Jurgens way, when it works we dominate games, and its certainly exciting.
    A midfield with Grav , Jones or Elliot , really anyone , (and against a footballing side???)
    Elliot, Jones, Grav and Gomez are just not at the level we require.
    We can only use wing backs when we dominate, not leave the two at the back exposed to the through ball.
    The reality is that Jurgen can only play the Harlem Globetrotter style and it has worked so well for us up to now (I fucking hate it because we get exposed so much with cheap giveaway goals)
    But he will continue and maybe even win trophies, so we must suck it up and continue to support them.
    well done you turned up after the second loss this season in the league and its February
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    What would you have done with the lineup given the late injuries / bradley situation?

I thought maybe elliot for grav. Not a huge difference.
    Or go gomez right full and trent in the middle. Big risk in a game like this.
    I’d have started Gomez at RB Robbo at LB & if I were starting Gravel it would be a LCM as that’s where he’s played best & he plays some good switches from there we only get when he plays there Also with Arsenal you can make Saka defend right side they always leave Martinelli up against us ALWAYS so starting Trent at RB & Gravel who isn’t on the press yet at RCM was an obvious error imo

I have started Nunez LFWD Jota No9 & Gakpo RFWD

I’d be resting Diaz because he’s nowhere near for me, gets bullied far too much of the time, drops off receiving it easy & making nothing passes far too much of the time we desperately need a proper Mane replacement & he’s nowhere near that NOWHERE near