Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Arsenal v Liverpool

Grave is a backup mid, behind everyone plus Endo. He is basically like a cup game midfielder. From the start you could see he is in over his head in this starting XI

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Absolute shite doesn't come close, though saying that we're were well in the game until Ali went full on Clown mode .
    A day to forget all round.
    Virgil more to blame for that first one for me. He should have headed it away and then he could have hacked it clear.

From the replay it looks like when martinelli shouldered virgil, he knocked virgil into Alison and blocked him from kicking it. He shouldn't have come running out and let virgil deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Couldn't disagree with any of it. But what were the options?

I said elliot for grav? Maybe throw McConnell or Clark in? Very risky.

Nunez obviously wasn't fit to ay a full 90.

So our options weren't there. It's probably the strongest lineup we had give or take Gravenberch.

Or we go with Robertson at lb, gomez and trent in the middle. Again, very risky.
    No - I agree, no genuine other options. Could have started with Nunez (I would). Gakpo isn’t worrying anyone of note right now so Arsenal just blocked off Jota and wound him up all game.

Kinda shows we have less options in the middle than the vast array some would have you believe. Szobozlai was unable to play and boy did it show. Outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Grave is a backup mid, behind everyone plus Endo. He is basically like a cup game midfielder. From the start you could see he is in over his head in this starting XI
    Yep - but he started at the Emirates. Elliot must know his days are numbered if Grav gets the nod over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No - I agree, no genuine other options. Could have started with Nunez (I would). Gakpo isn’t worrying anyone of note right now so Arsenal just blocked off Jota and wound him up all game.

Kinda shows we have less options in the middle than the vast array some would have you believe. Szobozlai was unable to play and boy did it show. Outplayed.
    I don't think the squad is as good as many say. Now we do have a number of injuries or players missing for other reasons.i think I would have put gomez right full on martineli. He just seems to have a hex over trent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I’d have started Gomez at RB Robbo at LB & if I were starting Gravel it would be a LCM as that’s where he’s played best & he plays some good switches from there we only get when he plays there Also with Arsenal you can make Saka defend right side they always leave Martinelli up against us ALWAYS so starting Trent at RB & Gravel who isn’t on the press yet at RCM was an obvious error imo

I have started Nunez LFWD Jota No9 & Gakpo RFWD

I’d be resting Diaz because he’s nowhere near for me, gets bullied far too much of the time, drops off receiving it easy & making nothing passes far too much of the time we desperately need a proper Mane replacement & he’s nowhere near that NOWHERE near
    Fiar enough. I think I would have went with gomez against martinelli also. He seem to have a hex over trent. I think gomez is more solid against him.

Id say nunez wasn't ready to play unless needed. Based on the reports during the week. So don't think we had any option up front with the 3. Maybe their positioning.

Gakpo so underwhelming , the back up for the midfield not quite good enough , need everyone fit for the rest of the season and we will see

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Me neither. I had reservations about that midfield but there wasn't much we could do with Szobo being out.
    Gravenberch will be lucky to start a game any time soon. He's was abysmal.
    He was along with several others he did however create our goal so at least showed a moment of top quality

Gravel has been much better at LCM runs at the FB plays great switches Starting him at RCM when he’s not on the press yet with Trent at RB who was in his midfield stroller mentality & miles off the press giving him no help when they’re going to leave Martinelli up & continually try to release him wasn’t particularly smart & I called that before we kicked off to be fair

I wouldn’t have started Trent as I didn’t like how he strolled about slowing everything down v Chelsea we really missed Bradley at RB today condolences to him & his family I know exactly how he’s feeling as I lost my Mum on Tuesday but she was much older & so am I An NHS catalogue of fuck ups & attempted cover ups haven’t helped it though

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He was along with several others he did however create our goal so at least showed a moment of top quality

Gravel has been much better at LCM runs at the FB plays great switches Starting him at RCM when he’s not on the press yet with Trent at RB who was in his midfield stroller mentality & miles off the press giving him no help when they’re going to leave Martinelli up & continually try to release him wasn’t particularly smart & I called that before we kicked off to be fair

I wouldn’t have started Trent as I didn’t like how he strolled about slowing everything down v Chelsea we really missed Bradley at RB today condolences to him & his family I know exactly how he’s feeling as I lost my Mum on Tuesday but she was much older & so am I An NHS catalogue of fuck ups & attempted cover ups haven’t helped it though
    Sorry to hear that 19x. Condolences to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - but he started at the Emirates. Elliot must know his days are numbered if Grav gets the nod over him.
    Yeah Elliot is another that is ok against lower table teams or as a sub but is slipping down the order even when Salah is gone