Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Probably best not to, Foden hat trick 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    How much are you willing to take on City at even money (50%)?

The answer will be zero by the way. Seen bullshitters like this a hundred times.
    Why ask irrelevant questions.

I'm not a bookie. I'm not offering even money on any of the current title contenders.

Bookies will offer better odds due to money placed ahead of where we are now.

On the table, city have to win their game in hand to go top of the league, to go ahead of us by 1 point.

We win at Anfield, we’re back in the box seat.

We need to win now the next 4 games before we meet City.. if they drop any points in their games. will be a massive boost for us
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

It’s such a shame that Connor is on bereavement leave because his stellar emergence would have allowed Trent to nicely transition into the right side of midfield as cover for Dom, Gomez can also play right back but unfortunately I don't think Robbo is match ready so Trent will have to stay put at right back for the time being and Gomez as left back.

I have read several people suggesting Thiago start, but despite being a big fan Thiago imho should only be coming on as a sub for the next few games, as he looked miles off it on Sunday…

So for me we have to start with :
    AB,

Trent, Quansah, VVD, Gomez

Jones, Endo, Macca

Diaz, Jota, Nunez…

Only introducing Thiago and Gravenberch if truly needed rather than change for the sake of it, hopefully Robbo can get abother 30mins under his belt, Gakpo as an option to freshen things up if required…

With regards the title race, we all need to fucking man up….yes our deserved loss to Arsenal is a blow, but get real…it is only our first genuine loss all season…

I cannot believe this one defeat has seemingly already punctured our supporters belief in our ability to pose a strong challenge to win the title, thats not good we would hate that attitude from our players so as supporters we too need to stay positive, City, Arsenal and all the other challengers can just fuck right off, we are going fucking nowhere.

Are we all choosing to forget our recent performances and results to date under the most testing of circumstances…lets just remind ourselves that according to the media losing Endo and Salah for several weeks was supposed to derail our title challenge, it didn't.

Losing Macca, Trent and Dom, for several weeks was also supposed to compound this loss, this didn’t either…

So lets get some fucking perspective, Arsenal are a really good side, yes they beat us …but we didn't really help ourselves did we in that regards did we and the Ref once again didnt do us any favours either, surprise surprise I expected better off Mr Taylor..not !!

Don't forget Arsenal also beat the supposed all conquering City at the Emirates earlier in the season and Arsenal have to play them again this season. So imho nothing has really changed other than we have missed an opportunity to dent our rivals challenge, and score our own psychological point against City, but hey ho when do LFC ever do anything the easy way… errr never.

The reality is we now have some of our better players returning from injury and International duty and we too have a run of winnable games ahead of us before we play City at a full capacity Anfield…

City have won several games in a row now, without really playing anybody of note and yes given their next set of fixtures they are easily capable of extending their winning run still further, but and it’s a big but, after their game at Anfield they have a really tricky month of fixtures against most of the top six, so get a good result at Anfield and the pressure is back on them…. they are Champions after all, we are just a team in transition…. lol !!

We can fucking do this, so please…no more fucking doubting and more fucking believing, thats the least Klopp deserves…

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Why ask irrelevant questions.

I'm not a bookie. I'm not offering even money on any of the current title contenders.

Bookies will offer better odds due to money placed ahead of where we are now.

On the table, city have to win their game in hand to go top of the league, to go ahead of us by 1 point.
    Do you realise this is literally saying it's even money?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Bookies odd are in part biased by money already placed.

In reality it's likely a tie between us and City based on the table, and the nature of not-losing-runs.
    I did predict you would risk exactly zero to back up your opinion. Therefore, that's about as much as it's worth.

The people who actually put money on the line and have teams working on these things, give City about a 60% chance of winning the league at this moment in time. There's not a single bookmaker in the land who thinks it's a tie between us and City right now. Of course things can and will change as the season progresses.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    I cannot believe this one defeat has seemingly already punctured our supporters belief in our ability to pose a strong challenge to win the title, thats not good we would hate that attitude from our players so as supporters we too need to stay positive, City, Arsenal and all the other challengers can just fuck right off, we are going fucking nowhere.
    Agree with your post. This bit is bang on. We still have a fantastic chance of winning the league. To win all 4 in fact.

There's still a long way to go in the league. Let's see where we are 10 games out. If we're still top then it's well and truly ON.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Something that could give us a small percentage gain could be the Champion's League draw.

There is every possibility that Man City and Arsenal could end up having to play each in a two-legged quarter-final or two-legged semi-final.

Those could be draining games. A slip-up in the fixture wedged between those 2 matches is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We win at Anfield, we’re back in the box seat.
    No fannying around and get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    1),Do you realise this is literally saying it's even money?

2) I did predict you would risk exactly zero to back up your opinion. Therefore, that's about as much as it's worth.

3) The people who actually put money on the line and have teams working on these things, give City about a 60% chance of winning the league at this moment in time. There's not a single bookmaker in the land who thinks it's a tie between us and City right now. Of course things can and will change as the season progresses.
    1 Just lols

2 OK

3 The people offering odds, the bookies, are looking to balance their potential liabilities.
    The money would have been placed mostly on city as favourites before a ball was kicked.
    The bookies job is to incentivise balanced liabilities for themselves. So the odds presented by bookies presently are biased by factors other than the sporting reality. They are protecting their interests incentivising flutters on LFC & Arsenal by overplaying city's odds of winning.

As a gambling jock and a klopp fan, what odds did you get in the summer for him winning us the league ?