Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Title Race Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Agree we won't win the lot and agree the League is the priority - I still think there's a way to realistically challenge for the Europa due to the Nature of the format and the quality of some of our fringe players, but would absolutely prioritise the League.

What I'd hate to see is us go "all-in" on the League, go "half-assed" at the other comps and fail to win almost everything while we miss the League by a point again - I think everyone wants a successful season, however that manifests itself.
    Its having to play at full kilt and getting no rest is what is causing the muscle issues. your muscles need time after games do you get that?will you agree with me this time or have another opinion?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If only football was so predictable, unfortunately Jurgen is not a lucky manager, he has always had to, because of injuries to key players, juggle his squad through every season.

On the whole he has done this brilliantly, but his tenure has been littered with LFC being knocked out of Cup tournaments way to early, once again he has been unlucky in this regard because he has had some really tough early Cup draws to navigate with a really depleted squad.

However, whilst we do have to manage our limited resources with care, selecting which tournaments to focus on and which to disregard is a flawed approach, history has proven time and time again that putting all your eggs in one basket is a proven recipe for disaster…

I have to agree with Jurgen, we simply have to focus all our efforts on the next game and the next game only and what will be will be…it’s at times like this that we need to be believers and not doubters….

I don’t agree - he’d go to Legoland…

Bye..

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A pal texted me an interesting bit of info that I would love to see verified.

Apparently there's a group of 9 Arsenal lads that are part of Arsenal's most regular 11 participants and if you add up the number of games missed through injury by these 9 lads it's a mere 5 matches - absolutely wild to reach February and to have had the option to go (almost) full-strength almost all of the time.

Think if the rhythm/synergy/chemistry/understanding of patterns of play in that team. They'll be right in the groove of peak-form right now and if they can continue to avoid injury for 3-and-a-bit months they have every chance.
    That's lucky if true. They do have every chance ,I just rate ours better. I see them faltering somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I don’t agree - he’d go to Legoland…

Bye..
    Is that Crash Bandicoot? (top left corner before the video starts)

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Is that Crash Bandicoot? (top left corner before the video starts)
    Aye.. But this one has far batter sound..

I can't stop think of that lovely Lamb lunch - or Windsor.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    However, whilst we do have to manage our limited resources with care, selecting which tournaments to focus on and which to disregard is a flawed approach, history has proven time and time again that putting all your eggs in one basket is a proven recipe for disaster
    Indeed - I seem to vaguely recall (would need to check) us not being too deep in Tournaments in 13/14 and hoping it would help us win the League - we didn't.

We didn't get as far in the Champion's League as we would have hoped in 08/09 and some thought this would help us get over the line in the League, but we sadly couldn't.

Arsenal fans last season were speaking of the opportunity that presented itself due to them not going too deep in tournaments, thinking it would help their League challenge - and they fell short.

We'll need to manage minutes very carefully all over the pitch. Quansah and Gomez may have to play a bit to give Konate and Van Dijk a break here and there, Tsimikas feature to give Robertson a breather and so on - also utilising every opportunity we can to get certain lads off after 65 or so minutes of games.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'll be amazed if they don't shit their pants again.
    They're like Wesley Snipes in white men can't jump.
    They'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win. Well, they don't but you catch my drift. They're a bit style over substance.
    If they get in front too early the pressure will get to them and they’ll bottle it again. Their best chance is to stay on ours & city’s coat tails and win it in the last couple of games, imo.
    As for us, we shouldn’t be risking any injuries in the cup games, play the kids / reserves in all of them. Should be going all out for the league. It could be our last real shot at it for a while, possibly years, with the new manager transition.

Bold predictions after they have rattled in 14 in their last 3 games without any opposition (including us) getting through them on a single occasion.

Best defence in league so far too.

I worry that this is their time

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Bold predictions after they have rattled in 14 in their last 3 games without any opposition (including us) getting through them on a single occasion.

Best defence in league so far too.

I worry that this is their time
    It might be you know!

Though some of their fixtures are tricky -

Man City, Brighton, Tottenham and Man United are all away games for them, whilst Chelsea have recently denied Man City of taking all 3 points and Arsenal's game against Everton could potentially be a situation where the Bitters need the points to stay up.

The Champion's League will be a big factor too - it's not very often that Arsenal will have as good a chance to win it and we know how difficult it can be to fully commit across multiple Tournaments.