Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Title Race Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A pal texted me an interesting bit of info that I would love to see verified.

Apparently there's a group of 9 Arsenal lads that are part of Arsenal's most regular 11 participants and if you add up the number of games missed through injury by these 9 lads it's a mere 5 matches - absolutely wild to reach February and to have had the option to go (almost) full-strength almost all of the time.

Think if the rhythm/synergy/chemistry/understanding of patterns of play in that team. They'll be right in the groove of peak-form right now and if they can continue to avoid injury for 3-and-a-bit months they have every chance.
    Just watched Talksport and Darren Bent (Arsenal fan) was asked have Liverpool been extremely unlucky with injuries this season, his reply “All clubs suffer injuries ..”..

Yes Darren you are right, all teams do suffer injuries, but clearly Liverpool are suffering the most right now with more key players missing through injuries and Afcon than probably anyone else… for Darren Bent to be a host on Talksport and fail to recognise this fact, especially when Arsenal have been extremely lucky in that regards (see above quote), is just indicative of the media these days, the inability of Bent to be balanced and objective just reflects badly on him as a pundit tbh…

The combination of these injuries, excessive VAR errors, questionable refereeing and 12:30pm kick-offs is just beyond belief…and tonight we are playing a league game before the Carling Cup Final on Sunday and yet Chelsea’s match v’s Spurs that was scheduled for tonight has been rescheduled… how very convenient … ffs.

I fucking give in….

Lets fucking do this tonight ….

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Lets fucking do this tonight ….
    And so we did.

Just need to keep our foot on the accelerator.

I know it's a long way off and looking ahead is "pointless" etc but besides the obvious injury issues, my biggest concern about the title race is where we might be points-wise going into the last 4 League fixtures.

Unless any games are rescheduled, we have two games I would call "tough" - away to Villa and hosting Tottenham. During the same spell (game weeks 35/36/37/38) Man City have 4 fixtures that I expect them to stroll through, especially if they enter that spell with a lead in the table.

I'd love a cushion going into that spell. Doesn't need to be a massive cushion - even a 3-point lead and a superior goal difference I would take - but it would be nice that safety net.

Likely have to beat Man City to get it and will be crossing all fingers for the odd favour. That Man City v Arsenal game could be massive.

And so we did.

Just need to keep our foot on the accelerator.

I know it's a long way off and looking ahead is "pointless" etc but besides the obvious injury issues, my biggest concern about the title race is where we might be points-wise going into the last 4 League fixtures.

Unless any games are rescheduled, we have two games I would call "tough" - away to Villa and hosting Tottenham. During the same spell (game weeks 35/36/37/38) Man City have 4 fixtures that I expect them to stroll through, especially if they enter that spell with a lead in the table.

I'd love a cushion going into that spell. Doesn't need to be a massive cushion - even a 3-point lead and a superior goal difference I would take - but it would be nice that safety net.

Likely have to beat Man City to get it and will be crossing all fingers for the odd favour. That Man City v Arsenal game could be massive.
    As much as I don't want to admit it, I do agree that we are going to need to navigate these last 13 matches almost perfectly and we are also going to need significant help from others to bloody the nose of City before we go into those last 5-6 matches just to give us some much needed wiggle room in those matches.

Tbf if we are going to expect others to bloody City’s nose, we must take the lead in that regards and we will need to win at Anfield to set the ball rolling, however if the others as always fail to take points off City its going to be a very tall ask….

However, because we have Jurgen, I believe we can do it … 😎

We've only 12 games left in the league Bob

City play Bornemouth & Arsenal play Newcastle
    in their 13th last game this weekend.

I reckon we need one more game in which City drop pts before we meet them and then beat them, provided we beat Forest prior to that meeting. So thy play Bournemouth and United which are guarantee wins for them but if one of those 2 do the unthinkable it will be great. if not if we win our next 2 we will then lead them by 4pts.

Arsenal is a real threat for me, when a team comes close the previous season it can galvanize, they also had the result against us and 2 big wins after that. They have belief. As i mentioned those away games they have are maybe the toughest away games they could have gotten. So if they get maximum they can do it. But I think among these games (City, Chelsea, Spurs, United and Brighton) it will be very tough to get 15pts from that.

The Arsenal/City game is also a big swing. So if the premutation works out for us vs. City then City will go in under massive pressure to win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    I reckon we need one more game in which City drop pts before we meet them and then beat them, provided we beat Forest prior to that meeting. So thy play Bournemouth and United which are guarantee wins for them but if one of those 2 do the unthinkable it will be great. if not if we win our next 2 we will then lead them by 4pts.
    Bournemouth looks a gimme, but that Man United match is the start of a cluster of 5 which I think looks like this if I remember properly - and subject to any rescheduling -

Man United
    Liverpool
    Brighton
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa

Even if the unthinkable were to happen and we ended up losing that match against Man City (which would be a massive body-blow) there is still the possibility of them only getting a draw in one of those other fixtures, which would allow us right back into the race if we won our corresponding fixture.

If we lose a game soon, we can't allow heads to drop. As "inevitable" as Man City can feel at times, they've dropped points in roughly a third of their games thus far and have the Champion's League to juggle - they very well might have another slip-up or two in them and we have to be ready to pounce on it.

Bournemouth looks a gimme, but that Man United match is the start of a cluster of 5 which I think looks like this if I remember properly - and subject to any rescheduling -

Man United
    Liverpool
    Brighton
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa

Even if the unthinkable were to happen and we ended up losing that match against Man City (which would be a massive body-blow) there is still the possibility of them only getting a draw in one of those other fixtures, which would allow us right back into the race if we won our corresponding fixture.

If we lose a game soon, we can't allow heads to drop. As "inevitable" as Man City can feel at times, they've dropped points in roughly a third of their games thus far and have the Champion's League to juggle - they very well might have another slip-up or two in them and we have to be ready to pounce on it.
    Agree 100%. With United more if it was their home game, they could go there and lose by 5 or 6. They give a lot of chances and succumb easily to pressure. But if they do something then thank you.

Didn't look at Cities fixture pile, agree that is also not the best sequence, also a scenario if they win all those that they will be champions 100%. And also a set of fixtures where something could happen. We should just look after our end of the deal and match both of their results over the remainder of the season but beat City @ home.

We really miss henderson..... according to some on here the world would be over when he left..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

hes making mark in the Netherlands. yet to win with the cleaning fluid Ajax
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    hes making mark in the Netherlands. yet to win with the cleaning fluid Ajax
    I read that he hasn't been on a winning team since October.