Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Title Race Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Bournemouth looks a gimme, but that Man United match is the start of a cluster of 5 which I think looks like this if I remember properly - and subject to any rescheduling -

Man United
    Liverpool
    Brighton
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa

Even if the unthinkable were to happen and we ended up losing that match against Man City (which would be a massive body-blow) there is still the possibility of them only getting a draw in one of those other fixtures, which would allow us right back into the race if we won our corresponding fixture.

If we lose a game soon, we can't allow heads to drop. As "inevitable" as Man City can feel at times, they've dropped points in roughly a third of their games thus far and have the Champion's League to juggle - they very well might have another slip-up or two in them and we have to be ready to pounce on it.
    We need to be pretty much perfect I think. I've said previously that if we could get 5 to 7 clear points ahead they won't catch us.
    Easier said than done though so we're looking for favours. Utd as much as they've kicked on recently are flattering to deceive. They've been absolutely hanging in in some games so I don't see anything other than a convincing City win
    Arsenal are the ones who could give us a bump.

I don't think utd will get anything against city somehow lads.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

'#savingthemselves

So close to 1-1 ederson great save, wanker
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I don't think utd will get anything against city somehow lads.
    They're still trying to nick a European spot and are still capable of ludicrously jammy luck within a match, so you never know.

I hope Son is fit when Spurs encounter Man City.

I suppose the 8pm ko at the Emirates is instead of a 1230 ko. I would hope this option comes out way too. Far more advantageous than a 1230 ko

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    I suppose the 8pm ko at the Emirates is instead of a 1230 ko. I would hope this option comes out way too. Far more advantageous than a 1230 ko
    Certainly an 8pm kick-off at Anfield would be welcome - crowd would be right up for it.

Flip side is that if you win a 12.30pm game it's great to essentially relax about the other results. It's nice to apply pressure rather than play catch-up.

We cannot afford anything other than a win v City

Our record this season at 12.30 has been very good. Unbeaten with I think 4 wins and 1 draw. Jurgen has finally worked out the magic formula and he's buggering off !!
    Hopefully he passes it on to Xabi !!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We cannot afford anything other than a win v City
    Probably right - but if we draw that and win the rest while Arsenal draw against Man City and win the rest of theirs, we still win the League.

Dropping points against Man City would be a BIG blow, no question, but there are still opportunities for Man City and Arsenal dropping points.

Goes for us too of course - points could be dropped anywhere. Just need to keep digging results out. Getting any of Núñez, Salah and Szoboszlai back will certainly help.