Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Title Race Fixtures

If we can beat City I really could see us winning the 10 games after that. We are too strong for the others at our best when pushed.

That City game is everything and we simply cannot afford another slip like against Arsenal home and away, you have to beat your rivals in a close race.

It’s going to require 90 plus points again.

lets just beat Forest i know thats easy to say. but it wont be easy that fixture
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If we can beat City I really could see us winning the 10 games after that. We are too strong for the others at our best when pushed.

That City game is everything and we simply cannot afford another slip like against Arsenal home and away, you have to beat your rivals in a close race.
    It would certainly set us up massively. The confidence boost from it would be wild and Fortress Anfield would likely gain another moat and portcullis for the rest of the season.

Away trips against Everton, Man United and Villa could all pose difficulties on their day, but we'd all back us if we enter those matches high on confidence and concentration.

As justme says, let's beat Forest.

In terms of the international break, I don't see an obvious slot before it for the Everton match if we get past Forest. It would be pretty great to have 2 League matches before the break rather than 3 of them - may just mean we have a player back in time that we wouldn't have had otherwise.

Confident of hammering Forest, that’s a training session to work up a sweat ready for City.

Confident of hammering Forest, that’s a training session to work up a sweat ready for City.
    Love the confidence - generally of late they have completed in games - a lot of losses yes, but a lot of them by a single goal. We will have to work for it.

Their FA Cup game in mid-week is against Man United so hopefully they wear themselves out a bit there and we come through the Southampton game comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    lets just beat Forest i know thats easy to say. but it wont be easy that fixture
    Agree that is a cup final for me. Forest also need the pts. Later in the season I sometimes prefer to play against teams who have jeopardy or going for something. Especially at their ground, because their suppoerters will be in a fervor but there is also nervous energy and tension in the air. So if you are clam as the stronger team you can actually turn that atmosphere. Players react different under pressure but I prefer to play in a match where there is pressure on players, they either rise or shrink.

I feel our home games are going to look after ourselves. At thr start of the season I told some mates that if Liverpool are in thr mix come March/April our emotion as a club as we are a emotional bunch, will carry us over the line. So the last 5 or so home games atmosphere and build upmis going to be amazing. May it end well for us in May.

Aye. Good insights Captain Obvious.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Merseyside derby postponed until May...

Imagine winning the League against those cu*ts, followed by Arsenal relegating them on the final day.......
    Lol.....

Bit weary of todays game if am honest.. Just hope Origi doesn't comeback to haunt us
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century