Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea (League Cup Final)

Your team v Chelsea (League Cup Final)

Silverware.

Winning it is largely what we're built for, isn't it? Klopp has certainly put together a side that can get it's hands on some.

There are 3 big reasons to win this one.

- It's a Cup, what else needs said?
    - We could become 10-times winners, extending our lead over 8-times winners Man City
    - Lifting this would further our blood-lust for any possible attempt at a Quad, however unlikely actually accomplishing that may be

Currently, one or two lads are in a race against time / day-by-day assessment phase, like Núñez. With that in mind I am picking a line-up based on the idea that those lads won't be fit on time.

.........................Kelleher

Bradley.....Konate....Van Dijk.... Robertson

..........................Endo

..........Mac Allister........Gravenberch

.......Elliott.........Gakpo........Diaz

I think it goes without saying that if Núñez is (properly) fit for Sunday I would have him in there - but with 12 League games left and the possibility of no. 20 still in our hands, I don't want to risk anyone for the sake of 90 minutes now if it could cost them their availability for a number of matches later - we're stretched as it is. As an aside, I'd be happy if Gomez features, though would rather rest him and have him for the run-in.

This game will be a welcome distraction prior to the nail-biting that will come with the title race. Naturally I am desperate to win it, but not at all costs - we don't need more lay-offs.

In a perfect World we get an injury-free win within 90 minutes - so naturally I am expecting penalties....again.

Come on Reds!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I'm expecting (hoping) that Nunez and Salah will be right to go

But at what cost? This is the problem. Last night did feel like Barcelona - as Jurgen mentioned. It was Luton town at L4 😜

Keep the siege mentality afloat…we are on the edge.

Anyone lucky enough to be going to Wembley ?

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I'm expecting (hoping) that Nunez and Salah will be right to go
    If they are REALLY ready then I am happy for them to go in.

If they are still high-risk of re-injuring themselves when we still have a League challenge, an FA Cup (the one I am currently least invested in if I had to pick) and a Europa League to juggle, I'd prefer them rested.

We'll find out very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Anyone lucky enough to be going to Wembley ?
    Don’t ask. We were promised a sure thing weeks ago that has fallen through on Monday. Chances of finding another pair without being rinsed are looking slim.

Still - I’m at the big one on Wednesday v the Saints 😜

The last time it was the Year of the Dragon we won the league cup and got a new manager in the summer.

(also lost a cup final to Chelsea but let's pick our omens wisely)

Kelleher

Bradley Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Mac Allister Endo Gravenberch

Elliott Gakpo Diaz

Availability of others may change things, we simply have to go with what we have with everything we have & get the win

Naturally it's a Manchester referee in charge on Sunday. Chris Kavanagh, from Ashton under Lyne, 4 Miles from the Emptihad, is back....

How is that allowed? I just do not understand it. He is going to be a fan of a Manchester club AND regardless - even IF by some miracle chance he isn’t - he is still a MANC. They hate Liverpool and everything about the city,

Totally compromised.